Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Switching between SPAD and Generic Saitek drivers

General Discussions
ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Switching between SPAD and Generic Saitek drivers

Post by ngkambo1 » 07 Nov 2016, 14:57

Forgive me if already discussed...please point me to correct thread(s) if so.
My understanding is that SPAD.Next drivers work in P3D and FSX but not in X-plane 10. I have been a longtime X-plane 10 user and after upgrading to windows 10 just got all of my Saitek devices (yoke/throttlex2/FIPsx6/MP/RP/BIP) working with the Saitek Windows 10 x64 drivers from their website (...after much research on USB power management etc, etc..). I would like to make the switch to P3D/FSX but to get the most out of my Saitek products I believe that SPAD.Next is the way to go. My question is, how do I switch between Saitek and SPAD.Next drivers in Win10x64 depending on which sim I am using? I have not installed SPAD.Next yet nor have I installed P3D or FSX because I want to get it all right from the start. I think I need to keep the saitek directoutput.dll for the FIPs to keep working but what are the native saitek drivers that I should disable (without removing them and then re-installing...that would be a disaster) and how do I do that before using spad.next? Then If I want to go back to x-plane 10, how do I disable spad.next and reload the saitek drivers? Or, does Spad.Next work in X-Plane 10? Thank you. -Nick

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Switching between SPAD and Generic Saitek drivers

Post by c0nnex » 07 Nov 2016, 20:43

SPAD.neXt support for X-Plane is currently being tested and will be released as payware addon to SPAD.neXt soon (with in the next 7 days hopefully)
(Coming together with support for FSX-Gauges working for X-Plane)

If you need to have Saitek DirectOutput installed side by side with SPAD.neXt (this is the only really conflict issue) , you can start SPAD.neXt using a batch file, stopping the Saitek DirectOutput Service before SPAD.neXt starts:

Code: Select all

net stop saidoutput
spad.next.exe
net start saidouput

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Re: Switching between SPAD and Generic Saitek drivers

Post by ngkambo1 » 10 Nov 2016, 02:42

Thank you!