Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

running spadnext on a slave pc and main pc

General Discussions
SmiffyRebel
Flight Attendant

running spadnext on a slave pc and main pc

Post by SmiffyRebel » 25 Sep 2016, 08:51

can i run spad next on a slave pc as well as the main flight sim pc, & will I need to purchase two copies of spad next.
Thanks

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: running spadnext on a slave pc and main pc

Post by c0nnex » 25 Sep 2016, 19:24

yes that is possible, and yes in this case you will need 2 copies.
I'll grant 25% discount for the second license.
Contact me via the Support-System (https://www.fsgs.com/support) and I'll give you instructions how to get the discount.

SmiffyRebel
Flight Attendant

Post by SmiffyRebel » 26 Sep 2016, 08:21

Thanks for the kind offer, I have not yet fully decided if I will use a slave PC. Will decide when I change to Prepare 3d in the near future.
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 20 Oct 2016, 13:56

I run on 2 PCs and really appreciate it -- I have 9 FIPs so by moving those off to a "remote PC" I am able to keep from killing the Frame Rate on the Main PC.

I have noticed that certain elements like trying to get an Airplane list to assign the aircraft does not work -- The Auto Add when SPAD discovers that there is no assignment for the Current Aircraft does work so the auto switching feature will work you just can't manually go through and add airplanes.

The rest of the functionality seems to work great!! At one point I did have the Radios and the Switch/MP also attached to the remote PC but those really don't seem to have any advantage being on it. Plus constantly switching between PCs (team viewer) to edit events and panels was just getting old :) Setting up your Gauges and button events for those not so much. Again with 9 FIPs I tend to just assign many of the commands and controls to the same FIP buttons and Knobs.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 20 Oct 2016, 15:13

With the next updates SPAD.neXt remote-support will become better ( one profile for both instances, edit on simpc will change it on remote pc etc )

Santa Phillip
Flight Attendant

Post by Santa Phillip » 21 Oct 2016, 05:55

What are you using to run the second PC? Running 14 FIPs here so If I could offload a bit onto a second computer that would be great.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 21 Oct 2016, 06:10

Santa Phillip wrote:What are you using to run the second PC? Running 14 FIPs here so If I could offload a bit onto a second computer that would be great.
Well I Have a Quad Core XEON with 4GB or RAM and a 2xx series Nvidia Card -- I was able to pull the MB with RAM and CPU from a Server at work that was going in the trash -- OverKill :) but hey not complaining. I paid more for the PSU that I had to buy and custom order some PSU cables as the "server" class PSUs (redundant) that I slapped into the Rack case were Jet engines -- With a XEON board you need and extra set of CPU/MEMORY even if your only running a single CPU on the MB.

Anyway back to importance -- the FIPs use the CPU to render and then USB for Data Transfer. You might consider adding another USB card (though I have all 9 on a single 10 port USB HUB -- Lots of power from the PSU on that HUB) as at the end of the day a USB 2.0 (again FIPS don't like 3.0) controller can only supply so much data. Connex probably has a better idea about what a normal 2.0 controller can support in way of number of FIPs.

The GPU is useless for this stuff -- However if your using this PC for other elements i.e. your running a Avionics package that offloads from the main sim pc running just visuals then you ant a decent GPU more for the additional Monitor ports.

The reason for offloading the FIPS is that FSX is a heavy CPU SIM (its old and does not utilize the GPU like other modern games/PC applications are able to) also FSX is not really a good MultiThread Application. So By moving the FIPS to a different PC your saving the Main CPU cycles for the most important part -- The SIM :)

Also since FSUIPC registered versions support the WideClient your able to also put other products that only work with FSUIPC onto this pc as well. That said I don't use FSUIPC on the remote PC only Spad. The only reason for FSUIPC on my system is the VRInsight GPS-5. Though I could probably figure out a way to program it in SPAD.

Hope that helps

Santa Phillip
Flight Attendant

Post by Santa Phillip » 23 Oct 2016, 08:07

Are you running Wide on the main PC? Is that how the data gets to the secondary PC? I purchased Wide as well as FSUIPC although I have not used wide yet. I have a DL360 G5 server here that I could press into service I think it has a quad core and could probably handle it. So all I need to do is to purchase another copy of SPAD. Put in a nice USB Controller in the server, link it up via ethernet and I am ready to go? I think the server has Windows Server 2003 32 bit on it, is that adequate? Will SPAD operate on 2003 Server instead of Windows 7?

I was planning on adding more servers to handle Active sky etc... so this will be a good start in getting things to network.

Thanks for the help, this is fun stuff.

Phil

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 23 Oct 2016, 12:28

SPAD.next requires 64-Bit OS

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 23 Oct 2016, 14:02

c0nnex wrote:SPAD.next requires 64-Bit OS
Hi Ulrich,
I am just wondering why mine is installed in "Program File (x86)"
Do I have a problem with where it installed?
As all the other 64bit programs that I know of are installed in "Program Files".
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.