Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Sensibility curiosity

General Discussions
Heronjr
Flight Attendant

Sensibility curiosity

Post by Heronjr » 27 Jun 2021, 17:04

Good day to all,
This is not a support demand. This is just curiosity about something I have observed the many years using Spad.Next, and I would like to know if others have also observed:

I use to program more than one event per button/switch. For instance, in the FSX PMDG B777 or in the P3Dv5.1 PMDG B736 I programmed the Avionics Switch in the Saitek Switch Panel to turn on both FDs, the Capt EFIS VORs and FPV. The Landing Lights switch is programmed for the landing lights, EFIS WX and the Radar WX/T. And other switches with many functions

What I observe is that sometimes one of the programmed switches is NOT moved. I turn on the Avionics Switch and the right FD is not turned. The other switches move correctly. This is an aleatory issue.

Recently I bought the PMDG NGXu (worths the money) and made a new profile based on my PMDG B736, and changing the old commands for the new NGXu commands. What was not my surprise that in the NGXu all of the switches work perfectly and I have never had any fail.

What could have happened? Equipment sensibility?

Heron

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Sensibility curiosity

Post by c0nnex » 28 Jun 2021, 22:51

Most likely becasue the 777/736 is eating (missing) some of the events. You can add a delay between the actions to make sure none get's lost

Heronjr
Flight Attendant

Re: Sensibility curiosity

Post by Heronjr » 30 Jun 2021, 18:05

Hi Connex,
Pleasure to hear from you. In order to input realism, normally I add delays from 500 to 1000, depending on the actions applied. But I realize now that the difference between this NGXu installation and the others is that I don't use FS2Crew with the NGXu. FS2Crew has its own actions on the buttons and switches. Although I worked hard to not mix my operations with the FS2Crew copilot, I guess there could be some software interference as their program use the right FMC and who knows whatever aircraft innards to work.

This is just hypothesis. As the NGXu uses no copilot software...

Heron