Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Flight Panel drivers

General Discussions
willynanita
Flight Attendant

Flight Panel drivers

Post by willynanita » 14 Jun 2021, 17:52

I am planning to buy SPAD.neXt to modify a Flght Panel I just bought and am waiting for it to arrive.
Do I need to install the driver or plugin from logitech for the device?
I am not sure what are the steps I need to take when I receive the unit and buy the SPAD.neXt tool.

Thanks in advance!
Willy.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Flight Panel drivers

Post by c0nnex » 14 Jun 2021, 18:04

willynanita
Flight Attendant

Post by willynanita » 15 Jun 2021, 00:33

Thank you!!

willynanita
Flight Attendant

Post by willynanita » 17 Jun 2021, 17:24

I can't find these in my system:

Windows Key -> "Apps and Features" -> look for "Logitech Direct Output" or "Saitek Direct Output" or "Direct Output" and uninstall it. It has either one of those names depending on the version you installed

or

Other sofdtware will also handle the FIP:
Before starting SPAD.neXt, start the services manager (Windows Key->"Services") and STOP the "Direct Output" Service.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 17 Jun 2021, 17:49

That info should state if you shave that stuff you need to remove or disable it. The fact you don’t have it is good. You just need the hardware (not software) driver and SPAD and FIP ‘will work a treat

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

willynanita
Flight Attendant

Post by willynanita » 17 Jun 2021, 17:51

thedazman wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 17:49
That info should state if you shave that stuff you need to remove or disable it. The fact you don’t have it is good. You just need the hardware (not software) driver and SPAD and FIP ‘will work a treat

Daz
But I installed the drivers and plug in from logitech site, should I just install SPAD?

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 17 Jun 2021, 18:40

If you install the full driver set from Logitech then all the things SPAD advises to check should be most likely visible. If you have installed more then just the hardware driver I’m SPAD link then it might not work.

If you get manufacturers splash screens then you have stuff installed too much rubbish and those process should be visible. You say you installed the Logitech software but then confirm none of the stuff is running when that stuff is installed

If you get splash other than SPADs then you have problems.

Otherwise if you have only installed the device driver indicated by SPAD then it should be ok, but I can’t comment because only you know what you have/haven’t installed.

Daz

willynanita
Flight Attendant

Post by willynanita » 17 Jun 2021, 18:44

Thank you for the answer, I only installed what was recommended in the post you shared, but I also installed the plug in which have to be running in order for the device to work in MSFS 2020.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 17 Jun 2021, 18:58

You say you only installed driver recommended by SPAD then go on to say oh yeah I installed the Logitech stuff too! Which is a bit of a contradiction.

Won’t work in SPAD properly if you have installed the Logitech msfs fip drivers.

If you have installed their extra plugins to work in msfs then you’ve already gone too far and you WILL have all the rubbish installed that SPAD mentions.

As mentioned if at ANY time you have seen saitek or Logitech splash screens on the fip then you have installed all the rubbish that needs to be removed before you can use your gauges in SPAD.

Personally I would remove EVERYTHING you have installed related to the fip and just run the hardware driver install recommended by SPAD.

willynanita
Flight Attendant

Post by willynanita » 17 Jun 2021, 19:02

Ok. I just thought I needed the plugin anyways to make it to work with MSFS, didn't know that SPAD takes care of that. I will try and uninstall everything.

Thanks.