Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Allow LVAR bridge use by other code?

General Discussions
neilhewitt
Passenger

Allow LVAR bridge use by other code?

Post by neilhewitt » 12 Jun 2021, 23:36

Hi.

I appreciate it's a bit of a cheeky request, but is there any possibility you might provide the information and typelib etc to be able to use the LVAR bridge DLL in other projects? Specifically, to read and write LVAR values from another .NET app?

Alternatively: is there any way to write a SPAD.neXt plugin that can load and use other assemblies? From what I can see this isn't possible right now. I wanted to try to write a plugin to respond to LVAR / FSUIPC Offset changes by sending messages to a client program I wrote, to let me synchronise LVAR or Offset values between multiple PCs. I experimented but as far as I can see you can't import assemblies like System.Net in client scripts because SPAD.neXt is compiling the plugin code itself.

I developed a full client/server app myself to do this instead, and it works OK, but I had to use FSUIPC to read/write LVAR values via Paul Henty's excellent .NET bindings, and FSUIPC is sloooooooow at reading and writing LVARs as it can do only one per update cycle and so each LVAR read takes about 10ms. Far too long when my program has to monitor dozens of LVAR values in real-time. Hence my interest in the SPAD LVAR bridge.

It's been a long long time since I did any C++ and to be honest, I'm not about to do the learning I would need to do to be able to write a C++ DLL for P3D that can communicate with a .NET app. It's enough effort keeping up with the changes in C#!

I appreciate the answer is probably 'no' but if you don't ask, you don't get...

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Allow LVAR bridge use by other code?

Post by c0nnex » 14 Jun 2021, 04:08

Sure no problem. The SPAD bridge Api is no secret.
Please open a ticket and I'll send you the specs along with a .net sample how to use it.

Be aware that spad bridge api is asnyc. So the bridge will push any lvar updates to you automatically when they appear. No need for polling

neilhewitt
Passenger

Re: Allow LVAR bridge use by other code?

Post by neilhewitt » 14 Jun 2021, 12:13

Great, thanks! Ticket opened.