Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Switching USB ports cause lost link to profiles?

General Discussions
Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Switching USB ports cause lost link to profiles?

Post by Clutch Cargo » 14 Dec 2020, 21:25

Hi all,

Just thought I would throw out this question as I am messing with Win10 issues and trying a few ideas. So I have a couple of custom SpadNext profiles I created based on my Saitek hardware. So testing using different ports for the hardware I noticed I have lost my custom assignments. It appears all is well in the actual profile file (the xml file Spadnext creates), but SPADnext no longer recognizes my settings? I think I have seen this happen twice. Could this be because when one makes an assignment it also records the USB port connection in some way?

Before actually diving in and testing this specifically, I thought I would ask and see if this is true. If you change around your USB connections you will have to reassign your assignments?

Merry Christmas,

Clutch

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Switching USB ports cause lost link to profiles?

Post by c0nnex » 14 Dec 2020, 22:40

Only one device of each kind, OR device provides unique serial number: Switching around USB Ports should not affect you and should be recognized automatically
More than one device of a kind, where device does not provide a serial number (eg MP RP SP): spad will get confused and will reassign them in the order of announcement by windows

If programming incorrectly does not get recognized anymore, open a ticket from within SPAD.neXt, with affected Profile loaded.

Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Re: Switching USB ports cause lost link to profiles?

Post by Clutch Cargo » 15 Dec 2020, 01:15

Thx for such a quick reply. I noticed it was the yoke and throttle quadrants more so than panels. But I will play with it more and note the results. Too early to tell if a support ticket is needed.