Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

My Custom Physical Flight Panel Controller

General Discussions
cubanjew
Passenger

My Custom Physical Flight Panel Controller

Post by cubanjew » 15 Oct 2020, 17:59

I'd like to share my custom flight panel controller design that I loosely mimicked around A320 that uses SPAD.neXt to interface with game. This is why I love how powerful SPAD.neXt is. Also a huge shoutout to C0nnex for how helpful and responsive he has been with various questions.

Control board currently implements 31 distinct control inputs and 17 output LED status lights. The control board currently has 16 unused spare input/output pins (8 on the Arduino, 8 on MCP23017) for future additions, though firmware memory size will probably become the limiting constraint. Note that the LED lights act independent of the physical pushbutton; the light on/off state will reflect the state of the control in the game, regardless if you use the in-game button or physical button to toggle it.

I've shared all of the design files (panel 3D design, electrical schematics, microcontroller code, SPAD scripts, and Bill of Material) on github.

See photo gallery of project build here.

cubanjew
Passenger

Re: My Custom Physical Flight Panel Controller

Post by cubanjew » 15 Oct 2020, 18:09

For some reason forum won't let me edit original post.

Panel controls incorporated:
  • 17 pushbutton with LED
    fuel pumps 1-6, cross-feed pump, APU-master, APU-start, APU-bleed air, APU-gen, external power, auto-brake level control (low + med + max), x2 TBD (spare)
  • 5 toggle switches
    anti-skid, ground spoiler arm, engine 1 + 2 master starters, reverse throttle toggle
  • 2 selector switches
    engine mode switch (crank/normal/ignition), parking break
  • 6 potentiometers (5 rotary + 1 slide)
    lights: PFD/ND/FD, ECAM, flood, panel, x1 TBD (spare); speed brake (slide pot)
  • 1 foot pedal switch
    brake pedals

slicker55
Passenger

Post by slicker55 » 17 Apr 2021, 10:54

enjoyed looking at your setup - nice job... have you added anything else since you posted this message?

Sapstar
Flight Attendant

Post by Sapstar » 28 Jun 2021, 14:33

Thanks very much for posting this. I have created all the buttons and knobs for a justflight DR40 in x-plane with a teensy and several mcp23017s, which I use to control the sim while in VR. I’m now getting into MSFS2020 and want to do the same for an arrow III. It’s not so easy with MSFS2020 and the information you’ve posted should be a great help in getting me started.

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 16 Jul 2021, 00:30

Hi cubanjew,
I have been looking at your cockpit project for some time now and have been trying to get it back to one body and blank panel but your fusion skills are way above mine and I keep getting warnings.

Do you have a Fusion 360 file with just one(1) body and blank front panel you could send me?
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.