Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

choosing display output on the multi panel

General Discussions
Flamer
Passenger

choosing display output on the multi panel

Post by Flamer » 23 Aug 2020, 06:05

Hi all, I have always wanted to setup a second monitor for instruments but never found a graceful solution and all I really need is altitude and IAS, then I just realized my saitek multi panel can show me my live altitude info which is pretty cool, is there anyway on that lcd screen to have IAS displayed aswell? When I change the selector knob to IAS I just get 000, and I really want to have IAS and ALT on the same screen.

Is this achievable? I only fly GA aircraft so the only thing I use multi panel for is the flaps button.

tnx

Flamer
Passenger

Re: choosing display output on the multi panel

Post by Flamer » 23 Aug 2020, 08:57

So I added an event and now I have both display values: indicated altitude and airspeed indicated. But what happens is the value on the lcd top line just flashes between the two values rather than show the second one on a new line (vs 000 is still displayed on second line) anyway to get this working?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 23 Aug 2020, 12:31

To have the IAS shown in the VS Line, you need to program it in the VS-Display (Put selecter knob to IAS, and code a Display-Event or replace the existing one).
If you program two dislplay events for the same knob-Position they will just iterate through (whatever data comes first from sim)

Flamer
Passenger

Post by Flamer » 24 Aug 2020, 07:40

That was surprisingly easy thank you!! works well now.

You know my next question, and I'm sure its a hardware limitation but I will ask anyway, is there a way to change the letters "VS" to "IAS" on my second line?

jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 24 Aug 2020, 11:33

Pretty sure these are hard coded into the panel itself

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Aug 2020, 16:09

Not even hardcoded , they are hardwired in the MP , cannot be changed without soldering