Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Radio knobs too fast

General Discussions
mfitch
Passenger

Radio knobs too fast

Post by mfitch » 13 Jul 2020, 03:21

With the latest update I can barely get the knobs to move by one. Unlike the multipanel I cannot find a setting to do one for every two clicks (or similar slowing mechanism). How do I make this functional in the latest version?

thedazman
Betatester

Re: Radio knobs too fast

Post by thedazman » 13 Jul 2020, 10:41

I have the same problem, however I used the Saitek radio panel test app with SPAD closed and it was registering two-three updates per click.

My radio definitely didn’t do that previously I’m wondering if the hardware got a firmware update or something?

I tested with SPAD 0.9.6.x and was having similar issues but not as bad.

Hopefully SPAD can’t add auto detection of quick firing of values and say filter out/ignore Clicks inside a specified time. While this could affect acceleration I’d be happy if it only updated once every so many milliseconds
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 13 Jul 2020, 11:54

mfitch wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 03:21
With the latest update I can barely get the knobs to move by one. Unlike the multipanel I cannot find a setting to do one for every two clicks (or similar slowing mechanism). How do I make this functional in the latest version?
As it looks like there are devices out there that do the half-stepping and some that do not. Before, this was covered by the old faulty acceleration code. The new configurable acceleration seems to popup this issue.

Working on a fix for that. If you change your updatechannel to "Alpha", I will be pushing a testversion there today, which has the pollrate for the tuners configurable for the devices.

zkiwi
Captain

Post by zkiwi » 13 Jul 2020, 23:37

c0nnex,

Thanks, the alpha update and ability to set the poll rate on the radio panel has fixed one of the main issues i have been facing trying to easily set frequencies without too large of a jump or too much sensitivity. I am using a poll rate of 100ms and it is lovely and smooth. As i get used to it i may reduce the poll rate slightly to get the best effect for my setup.

Is it possible to do the same for the multi panel? It is still too sensitive regardless of which setting (ignore second click on or off) for my setup. Not as bad as the radio panel but still a little too sensitive for my fat fingers.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 14 Jul 2020, 20:23

It will be added to all tuners

mfitch
Passenger

Post by mfitch » 20 Jul 2020, 06:42

How can the pollrate fix the reading to fast? Should it be set slower?
Default settings on the radio are too fast. Default settings on the multipanel are unusably slow. Setting acceleration does not seem to have an effect.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 20 Jul 2020, 18:05

Fixed in 0.9.7.74

cappo
Flight Attendant

Post by cappo » 20 Jul 2020, 20:16

i cant accelerate my knobs....heading, ALT. How to set it up ?
Before update it was going well.