Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Flap Lever in XP11

General Discussions
MarkHargrove
Passenger

Flap Lever in XP11

Post by MarkHargrove » 03 Jul 2020, 01:41

I've recently added the Aerobask Lancair Legacy to my X-Plane 11 hangar and have run into a new and interesting issue with the Saitek Multipanel and SPAD.neXt. The flaps on the Legacy don't have fixed positions. The flap switch in the cockpit is really just an electrical switch - it drives the flaps up or down until released (or until they hit a limit switch at the top/bottom of their travel).

The problem is SN doesn't treat the flap lever as a 'simple button' that I can say 'repeat command until released'. Instead, it seems to behave like a 'normal button' with a short-press and a long-press event -- and I can't find a way to change this behavior.

The short-press seems to send (roughly) a 250ms pulse. This DOES actually move the flaps down (or up) a tiny bit, which I can tell from watching the appropriate datarefs -- but this amounts to maybe 0.1 degrees of flap movement, so pulsing them down this way isn't practical. If the flap lever can't be converted to a 'simple' button, then it would be equally OK from my perspective to be able to make the button press event send a long pulse, or a sequential series of short pulses that would move the flaps 10 degrees for each press. I've never had to do any complex events in SN yet, though, and don't quite know where to start.

Any suggestions?

MarkHargrove
Passenger

Re: Flap Lever in XP11 [Solved]

Post by MarkHargrove » 03 Jul 2020, 05:10

Well, this turned out to be very simple to solve -- I hadn't seen that the 'Change Data Value' action had 'increment' and 'decrement' operations until just a few minutes ago. Once I found that, it was easy to add flap 'steps'.