Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Thank you

General Discussions
seanA320
Passenger

Thank you

Post by seanA320 » 21 Apr 2020, 14:00

Hi there,

I mostly fly the FSlabs A320 and have recently purchased a few panels to make things a bit more tactile and immersive but the programming can be a bit daunting. I've been struggling with finding the right ROTOR_BRAKE commands for the A320 and have been using the logging functionality on FSUIPC, but that can spit out a lot of data and it's difficult to find the exact codes. Maybe some folks have this well mastered by now.

I've only realised after reading a load of emails trying to program the FCU and various other parts of the aircraft, SPAD.next has it's own log facility built right in and is much easier to use. Another forum has a spreadsheet of most of the ROTOR_BRAKE codes needed but you can get exactly what you need from SPAD.next. There is a section called "Addons" and in there is "Event Monitor". Just click start and when you press anything in the A320, the appropriate codes are displayed in the window of the Event Monitor. Wow! I couldn't believe how much more straightforward it has made my task now.

I felt such a relief when I found that but also a bit silly as I'm sure everyone else knew about this. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you and highlight it just in case anyone else was struggling. I had been looking into Linda to see if it could be easier but this is excellent. I'm only scratching the surface and I'm sure the programming could be a lot more robust on my part, but I can do all the things I want to do and set it up fairly quickly. I've even managed to program the 2 red switches on the switch panel to turn the engines on the A320 on and off - which I had been struggling with for a while now. :D Also got the rotary switch to control the ignition switch on the A320.

Thank you. Just brings the whole home simming experience to a new level.
Sean.