Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Mapping only partially working

General Discussions
Warwick
Flight Attendant

Mapping only partially working

Post by Warwick » 22 Dec 2019, 23:50

Hi everyone,

I've been mapping switches in my Flight1 King AIr using the LVAR values with some success. My problem is that with some switches (for example the Engine Start), I can get the switch to move in the virtual cockpit via Spad.Next but there is no "click" sound and nothing happens, in this case a rise in N1 and Oil pressure should follow but doesn't.

I feel that I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it might be.

Many thanks

Warwick

lesoreilly
Captain

Re: Mapping only partially working

Post by lesoreilly » 02 Jan 2020, 19:39

Some of the time you have to actually control 2 things with these events. In the 3rd Party Sim they usually have a couple of "Macro" events where they control Simulator Data (Master Starter) and this can even be done as a toggle and not a direct setting....Can be annoying.

I Just posted a video in another thread here of how to program the C208 by Carenado which has some "similar" type switches. With the 208 (and other Carenado) I will have to set an LVAR for the switch and at the same time set one of the other Simulator Data Variables as well......Even worse sometimes you have to use one of the Toggle commands at which point I will use conditions with switches that will only fire the event if another data value has a specific value.....

Same video from the other post I did.

https://youtu.be/JaxB5IhRiqY

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 02 Jan 2020, 19:59

I also came across this issue with the PMDG 737 NGX, some LVARS simply work the virtual cockpit graphic animations but don't do the function. This is as Lesoreilly stated, it's just a case of picking the right simulation event to send or picking the right data value to change.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 04 Jan 2020, 20:26

Hi Les, thanks very much for the video! I am trying to set up some stuff on the MilViz KA 350i (which I have waited 5 years for, but that's another story!). I have a LINDA script for setting the Altitude but am still struggling to convert that to Spad.NEXT. Will keep working on it though!
Cheers

Harry

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 09 Jan 2020, 13:27

Post the linda script and i'll have look how to convert it to SPAD.neXt

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 09 Jan 2020, 20:34

Thanks Ulrich, but as I posted in my other post (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=49423) I finally managed to crack the code and posted an example over there :geek: :o
Cheers

Harry