Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Mapping non standard switches

General Discussions
Warwick
Flight Attendant

Mapping non standard switches

Post by Warwick » 17 Dec 2019, 19:44

Hi all,

Firstly although I've been using Spad.Next for a few months now I'm a newbie to the more advanced features. So apologies if these are "dumb" questions.

I'm flying (and loving) Flight 1's B200 King Air and have setup many of the virtual switches to be mapped to my Saitek hardware. I'd like to be able to add some of the switches which don't have straight forward connections and am not sure how. I've used the Event Monitor to see what's happening when I toggle a switch (for example, Engine Auto Ignition) and nothing useful shows up in this case (it just shows "Throttle4_Set" which doesn't seem all that useful).

I can see in the Data Monitor that there is a variable that is probably the relevant one (B200RAutoIgn (LVAR) 1 = >1) which is probably what I need but I've no idea what to do with this information. How do I map this switch to a Saitek or other hardware switch?

Many thanks

Warwick

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Mapping non standard switches

Post by c0nnex » 17 Dec 2019, 20:31

Just set it like any other Data you assigned to the switches.

Warwick
Flight Attendant

Post by Warwick » 18 Dec 2019, 01:42

Hi c0nnex,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I'm still not sure how to do this. I can see the LVAR value in the list of Data Monitor events but can't figure out how to assign it to a switch. When I go to the Controls section of SPAD.Next, select the button I want to program, Add Event, Add Action, Send Simulation Event the LVAR I saw in the Data Monitor isn't there. I think I'm missing something.

Sorry to be a nuisance.

Cheers

Warwick

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 18 Dec 2019, 02:08

Use Change Data Value , then you should see the LVars

Warwick
Flight Attendant

Post by Warwick » 18 Dec 2019, 06:17

Ah ha! Nailed it, now to spend the rest of the afternoon customising my King Air! Thanks so much for the advice.