Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

problems with placled64 LED outputs

General Discussions
toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

problems with placled64 LED outputs

Post by toppe » 30 Jun 2019, 20:39

Hello
is there anybody who can kindly help me?
I configured the led on the ultimarc placled64 board with the Q400 variables of spad.next, but I have a problem: I have correctly configured the LEDs, that is when I click on the corresponding button of my dash panels8 Q400 majestic everything ok , the LED also lights up, but when I turn off the button, the corresponding LED does not switch off when the panel light turns off after about 1 minute, or sometimes after 30 seconds, or the next time it turns off when the panel light turns off , I don't understand the reason, only on switching off, and never on switching on, do you know how to give me an explanation ?? thanks a lot of help

krono
First Officer

Re: problems with placled64 LED outputs

Post by krono » 02 Jul 2019, 04:35

Hi
Have you remembered to have an option programed into spad to turn the led off and not just onjuast the same as a switch.

A quick example would be

Plate 18 (S17 Inner Maker) //This is the name of the plate on the Pacled64

Event
LVar:Battery1Switch == 0
Simconnect:InnerMarker == 0 //Here if the mainbattery switch or inner marker are off the led turns off

LVar:Battery1Switch == 1
&&
Simconnect:InnerMarker == 1 //Here if both the Battery switch and Inner Maker are on then the led turns on.

I hope this helps
Ken
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1230 times

toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

Post by toppe » 02 Jul 2019, 09:50

thanks a lot krono, can you please also make me a screenshoot of: EDITE EVENT of the single plate to show me the complete sequence ?? I did differently until now, maybe with an update and changed the way of programming the plates ?? one last question if possible:which is the programmed option to turn off the LEDs in SPAD.NEXT can you help me, I don't think I know you, thanks again for your help.

krono
First Officer

Post by krono » 02 Jul 2019, 15:55

Hi toppe

If you look at the lines printed above then when LVar:Battery1Switch == 0 or Simconnect:InnerMarker ==0 The Led will go to Off.
On the event plate you can see that is Labeled off. ie Led turns off.

When LVar:Battery1Switch == 1 && Simconnect:InnerMarker == 1 When both are on the led goes to colour 1 which is on.
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (382.6 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Since this is an RGB led you first choose the pins on the board and then then choose the colours you want the led to be from the "Add colour " button.

Ken

toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

Post by toppe » 02 Jul 2019, 16:06

I thought it should be used static LEDs, and not RGB ones, does it make a difference?

toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

Post by toppe » 02 Jul 2019, 20:10

Hi
Have you remembered to have an option programed into spad to turn the led off and not just onjuast the same as a switch.Hello. you wrote these words to me at the beginning of the message, you can tell me how to do this in spad.next. thanks

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 02 Jul 2019, 23:42

Static Led is for single color (Red, Green, Yellow) etc. and only uses one pin (color is used for UI only).
RGB is as it read for RGB LED's and uses 3 pins per LED so you can program what color you want each LED.

The On/Off programming part is the same just just no color selection for the on state.

When you setup a Plate there should be an off and an on color with the same pin for each and the check box ticket as per above image.
Then in the event box 2 actions one for on and on for off (as per above image)
If one is Batt Switch = 1 (On) then set LED to Off.
The other would be If Batt Switch is off set LED to on.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

Post by toppe » 03 Jul 2019, 09:46

ok oz
in fact I believe I did so, but I don't understand why when I turn off the switch from the majestic program with the mouse, at the same time the led on the placled64 board does not turn off, there are ofset in the list Q400 in spad.next that have no value ( value 0) I don't know how to program those offsets, usually 1 and ON and 0 is OFF right? but it does not work .

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 03 Jul 2019, 10:18

Unfortunately I do not have the Q400 so I can only give general help try loading the Simconnect & LVAR's into the Data monitor and see if you can get the values that way when you use the mouse.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

toppe
SPAD.neXt Registered

Post by toppe » 03 Jul 2019, 14:20

thanks if you tell me how it's done.