Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Actions triggered on event

General Discussions
mmata
Passenger

Actions triggered on event

Post by mmata » 30 Jan 2019, 04:45

Hello!

I am new to SpadNext, just downloaded the trial version today. If I manage to do what I want to do I'll definitely buy the X-Plane version. Its not expensive and well worth it. Please forgive me if my questions are stupid, or if answers are available somewhere. I have searched and not been able to find precisely what I want. So here is what I want:

Something happens in Xplane
Triggers and Event in Spad Next that Executes a command

For example, In X-plane I fly across 10,000 feet, SpadNext detects this and calls a command on Voice Attack that triggers a text to speech that says "10 thousand" and then does other stuff. (I know theres a text to speech function in SpadNext, I'll try it later).

I got some of it figured out. I know how to find the event name, I know how to send the command to VA (there's documentation on this). I know how to make VA send a command to Spad Next (very cool). What I don't know is how to program the event itself in Spad. I managed to send a command to VA when I press a particular controller button, and I can make it conditional on the value of some sim variable (this is also very cool btw). However, I cannot find how to create an event that triggers on its own based on something that happens on the simulator.

The example I managed to do for myself was simple. I press a button and VA tells me "Current altitude is xxxx". But I had to press a button for it to happen.

My final goal is to create a copilot, basically. I know, there's stuff out there that does this. But its payware, requires more payware, and really doing it myself is much more fun. I did it once with Elite Dangerous and the EDDI plugin, but thats a whole different story.

Now, if there is documentation for this, please let me know. Also, if this is something only the paid version can do... then I'm buying this right now. I appreciate any and all help anyone can give me.

Thank you!

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Actions triggered on event

Post by c0nnex » 11 Feb 2019, 16:45

That's called "scripted event".
Just add it to any Button (Does not work for Displays/Tuners currently) and the according condition to it.

(Alternativly you can use the virtuals "script Panel" to have some more features like showing the status of it. It's basically a virtual BIP. Just enable it in Settings->Devices->General.Scriptpanel )