Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Need SPAD drivers for Panels and FIPs download location

General Discussions
AeroRamer
First Officer

Need SPAD drivers for Panels and FIPs download location

Post by AeroRamer » 20 Dec 2018, 15:57

Where are the SPAD drivers for the Panels and FIPs available for download?

I did a clean Windows install and I do not have the SPAD drivers on the computer. The FIPs and some of the panels are not getting recognized in Windows.

I need the drivers for the following panels:

-FIPs
-Pro Yoke/Quadrant
-Pro Rudder
-Switches
-TPM
-Radio
-AutoPilot
-Cessna Trim

Hazza
Betatester

Re: Need SPAD drivers for Panels and FIPs download location

Post by Hazza » 02 Jan 2019, 00:05

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe you need drivers except for the FIPs. The FIP drivers can be downloaded here https://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads. I have downloaded the "Flight Instrument Panel Drivers" and "FSX and Prepar3D Plug-in". I am not sure (it has been a while since I did this :? ) but I think I may have only installed the first one. If I installed the second one then I have uninstalled it since as I can find no trace of it on my machine.

I have some instructions that say:

Install Saitek/Logitech drivers
Run Services ( Windows-Run "services.msc" )
There should be a DirectOutput Service from Saitek or Logitech.
Make sure it is disabled.

I have checked my Services and Logitech DirectOutput service has been disabled.

If, however, I am wrong about the other Controllers and they are not detected by Spad.Next then by all means install the software for them. And again I have no sign of them on my PC so if they were installed they have since been uninstalled.
Cheers

Harry

AeroRamer
First Officer

Post by AeroRamer » 02 Jan 2019, 14:39

You are correct. I found an old email from c0nnex that I had forgotten where he told me that drivers are not needed for panels. He also told me recently that the FIP drivers can be downloaded from www.spadnext.com/download/FipDriver.zip. You can use these drivers or the Saitek drivers. If you use SPAD drivers you have to delete the Saitek drivers. Here is a thread talking about this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36790

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 02 Jan 2019, 17:29

I’ll put this on my fipgauges.com downloads page too. When I get time I’ll document the process too as this subject keeps popping up and I also keep forgetting the post and driver links.

Installing the drivers from Saitek/Logitech works ok, it just installs lots of stuff you don’t need and means you have to deactivate the directoutput service afterwards

With the stuff AeroRamer linked us to (thanks for that) the process should be easier.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com