Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Statement about Current Status and Update subscriptions

General Discussions
c0nnex
Site Admin

Statement about Current Status and Update subscriptions

Post by c0nnex » 07 Aug 2018, 20:48

It has been quite quiet about SPAD.neXt the last months, mainly because I have been seriously ill and couldn't care for my "baby". Things are better now and I am slowly catching up with stuff.

Currently I am working on an overhaul of the UI, to make SPAD.neXt easier to use and less technical. In the upcoming days/weeks updates will be pushed to the beta , reworking one part at a time, to collect feedback from you.

Update Subcriptions
As some of you might have noticed, SPAD.neXt complains about an expired update subscription on the settings->Registration page.
First of all, i can not emphasize this enough, your license to use SPAD.neXt will never expire, and you can always use it, once you purchased a license.
For always being up-to-date and being able to use the latest version of SPAD.neXt, you will need a valid update subscription. Once it expires it's your free decision to renew it or not.
If you do not renew it, you will "just" stay at the major release, that was published when the subscription expired. If you decide to renew the subscription later on you can do so.

Why is it not possible to renew the update subscription yet?
As I have stated before, I'm not wanting to charge anyone for something that received no update for almost 7 months. Once the new release of SPAD.neXt is at the doorsteps, you will be able to renew the update subscription.
If you want to support the development of SPAD.neXt and believe in the product, you can renew early. This will be possible with the next beta being published. (Planned for this weekend (Aug 11th) latest)

What will be charged for the update subscription?
The pricing for the update subscription has been determined as follows:
All prices +VAT.
Normal License (any Standard license)
1-Year: €9,99
2-Years: €16,99
3-Years: €22,99
Lifetime: €31,99
Complete License:
1-Year: €14,99
2-Years: €24,99
3-Years: €31,99
Lifetime: €49,99
(Also keep in mind, your first year is always included in the license)

If I have more than one licence (or addons) will i need multiple update subscriptions?
No, one update subscription will be accounted towards all your licenses

Will SPAD.neXt developed further? (New Devices etc)
Definitely yes. E.g. I am working on getting the still missing GoFLight devices supported and am also working on the long awaited Arduino support.

What about X-Plane? The support for it is not "satisfying"
I am aware of that and working on making X-Plane support better and more reliable.

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Re: Statement about Current Status and Update subscriptions

Post by Oz Flyer » 08 Aug 2018, 00:07

c0nnex wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 20:48
Things are better now and I am slowly catching up with stuff.
Hi Ulrich,
That's good news about your health. Look forward to chatting again with you on Discord.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

Orangina
Captain

Post by Orangina » 08 Aug 2018, 22:33

Glad to see you back "on the air".

Recover first, and I will be very happy to see your latest improvement for SpadNext. I love your baby

Orangina

krono
First Officer

Post by krono » 09 Aug 2018, 11:43

Hi Ulrich
Thankyou for the update, and its good to hear your health has improved. I am so glad to hear you are still looking at the arduino plugin. I use another piece of software for stepper motors at the moment but I would really prefer to use Spand.next

Ken

jjvelar
Flight Attendant

Post by jjvelar » 10 Aug 2018, 17:53

Ulrich.
I am really happy to hear that you are better now.
How can I update my subscription before you release your new beta?
Thanks and welcome back,

José

Cybermate
Donator

Post by Cybermate » 23 Aug 2018, 18:52

Ulrich,
All the best and I hope you will fully recover soon!
Ludwig

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 09 Sep 2018, 04:46

Hi Ulrich, I know this is late but just wish to say I'm glad to hear that you are on the path to recovery! Also, take your time and get plenty of rest as you recover. Whilst your "baby" is important to us as Flight Sim enthusiasts it won't "kill" us if we have to wait for any updates. Your health is far more important in the scheme of things (not least to yourself and your family and friends!!!) than all us "sniveling, whining, whingeing" Spad.Next users :-)
Cheers

Harry

Reinhard
Donator

Post by Reinhard » 09 Oct 2018, 16:06

Hallo Ulrich,
ich möchte mein SPAD_Next auf Lifetime Updaten. Kann mir das mal jemand auf Deutsch schreiben wo und wie das gemacht wird.
Ich komme einfach nicht zurecht.
Gruß Reinhard

AeroRamer
First Officer

Post by AeroRamer » 25 Oct 2018, 03:00

Awesome! I just sign i to see if something was going on with SPAD.neXt. Yes, I believe in this product! Because of it is the reason why I am finally using my sim and expanding it. I will be renewing the license soon.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 08 Dec 2018, 23:02

Okay -- So now that Today saw a release I would like to ask an open question. Partially because I am not able to PM you since the system says that is disabled for you.

2 years ago we had our "Model" changed. Where previously we paid for the product 25 Euro I think it was. Since some of us had Multiple Stations -- That meant we had Paid 50 Euro for the Product previous to this change.

With the Change we went to a model that had us pay 90 Euro to get our complete edition -- Now that did mean that only one needed to be purchased. I happily bought in and joined in the fray. Now many interesting developments on the Roadmap made sense for my needs.

1 - Arduino Support -- This was supposed to be seen IN BETA some time after Christmas so early 2017. It still has not arrived and yet have we seen any new information updated to date.

2 - vBIP was also put out there a long time ago -- Though I guess I don't need it now I am still interested in Dates for items that led me to purchase the product.

3 - Virtual Avionics is on the list but with no date associated with it.

Now we come to where the License updates are required and being asked to do this......I guess what I am asking is since there is an option for 50 Euro to buy unlimited license -- ???? --

What does that really mean? Are we going to get new features for things that were supposed to be here back during the original coverage period?

How many years are you planning to support the product?

Would I really be best in just buying 1 year? If so what are the features that you plan to deliver in the next year while under this license?

Since I have already bought this product 3 times over -- 1 License for Main, 1 for the FIP PC and then the Complete Edition when the license changed..... I am having a hard time understanding how there is another "buy it for life" again option??? If I give you 50 Euro for "Lifetime updates" what am I going to get and when will I see it?

Please do not read this as an Attack on your model or your product. It is not. I have questions that really do hold validity since the long cycle of items not being implemented and then another "ask" to pay up. Yes I am aware that I am not being forced to pay more....however one of the major features that seems to have never been even put into Beta -- Arduino -- Was a major selling point to update in 2016 and handover money.

There are many other products out there now that do a lot with Arduino and other kinds of support. I don't want to buy those simply because I like having central control from one application. Similar with the Virtual Avionics -- It's software is free but I would be happy to pay for updates from SPAD.NEXT so that I can have more configuration and control over it and the events and would rather only RUN the SPAD.NEXT software.

I see you have been very active today and responding to threads and Hope you can take a moment to consider a response to this. That way I know how best to proceed and make my purchasing decisions.