Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

BIP assignments

General Discussions
Paulvanvondelen
Flight Attendant

BIP assignments

Post by Paulvanvondelen » 12 Jan 2016, 17:47

Hello, new to the SPad communicty and I like the software. I have a question. I'm trying to configure my BIP. For the Master warning there can be more then one situation when it should light up. How can you assign multiple events to one BIP tile.

Thanks,

Paul.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: BIP assignments

Post by c0nnex » 12 Jan 2016, 18:47

that's not possible yet.
Working on a solution for that which does not render it completely useless, because of being to complicated.

zkiwi
Captain

Post by zkiwi » 12 Jan 2016, 20:29

Depending on what aircraft you are trying to configure this for a possible solution is to assign the master caution or master warning to the actual light in the cockpit if that has a variable that you can identify. I have this setup and working acceptably for a couple of aircraft I use.

The negative is that it seems as if there is a slight delay in the BIP lighting up compared to the on-screen light but it is only a small delay and one or the other will get your attention.

Also some aircraft have a left and right warning/caution system and they are not always both identical so you need to set up the one which you are wanting to look at left (0) or right (1).

Of course you wont get a caption light just the warning as a heads up something is wrong.

I have used this for stall warning in a couple of smaller aircraft I fly also.

Paulvanvondelen
Flight Attendant

Post by Paulvanvondelen » 13 Jan 2016, 21:53

Thanks for the reply! I will try to catch the caution/warning light from the airplane.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 13 Jan 2016, 23:29

Depending on the aircraft the Master Warning might be available as LVAR