Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Saitek Rudder Pedal Brakes

General Discussions
Dkpilot1
Passenger

Saitek Rudder Pedal Brakes

Post by Dkpilot1 » 30 Dec 2017, 04:19

I am in the process of updating some of my profiles and I'm having trouble with my rudder pedals. The rudder function itself is working well, once I inverted the axis, but the brakes are giving me fits. When I push on the upper portion I get a message in the lower left corner of Differential Brakes. The same thing happens on the left. The problem is that once I touch one of the brakes and release it the brakes stay on. The message says brakes. If I hold both of the brakes down, the message goes away and the plane will move. If I release the brakes, the brake message comes on and the plane stops. I've tried everything I can think of but I don't get any different results. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you...

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Re: Saitek Rudder Pedal Brakes

Post by Oz Flyer » 30 Dec 2017, 08:28

First off check that you have no brake setting configured in the SIM.

For the default C172 in FSX, I have Left & Right toe brake setting as:
Max Brake = 127
No Brake = 0
Invert axis = off
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 30 Dec 2017, 22:18

I have had a similar issue in the past when an old profile was loaded -- basically flying a plane I had not flown in a long time and that profile was not loaded since an update.

I just deleted the assignments and then re-added them and all worked like they should. I had the identical symptoms.

zkiwi
Captain

Post by zkiwi » 30 Dec 2017, 23:39

Same thing has happened to me in the past. I just took the easy way out and selected invert axis and they worked.

I have also had an issue where the brakes didn't appear to release when i took my feet off but all i needed to do was to release them, apply them and release again and they worked fine.

Dkpilot1
Passenger

Post by Dkpilot1 » 01 Jan 2018, 21:31

I checked for anything controlling the brakes in FSX and the only thing I found was the period to release them. I have even unchecked the box to Enable Controllers and that didn't fix it. I do have FSUIPC running and am wondering if there is some kind of conflict going on. The confusing part is that everything was working until I started to configure the pedals. I must have messed something up. I did invert the axis for the rudder pedals but that only corrected the direction of the steering.

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 01 Jan 2018, 23:42

Just start FSX without starting FSUIPC and if all work then you will need to check FSUIPC for any setting and delete them.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.

PTime Flyer
Passenger

Post by PTime Flyer » 02 Jan 2018, 00:17

You state that you reversed the axis for the rudder pedals. But you are have troubles with the brake pedals. Check for them and reverse the axis on the brake pedals, one for each side, left brake and right brake.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 02 Jan 2018, 12:56

I had to invert brake axis also.

As you release the brakes they are being fully braked and not released.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Dkpilot1
Passenger

Post by Dkpilot1 » 04 Jan 2018, 04:30

Oz Flyer wrote:Just start FSX without starting FSUIPC and if all work then you will need to check FSUIPC for any setting and delete them.
How do I start FSX without starting FSUIPC? I don't even know how to tell for sure if its working when I have FSX running.

Thanks

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 04 Jan 2018, 09:05

You will find it under "Modules"
..../FSX/Modules
I no longer use FSUIPC for aircraft controls but when I did and wanted to stop it running all I did was rename the "modules" folder.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB