Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Will It Work

General Discussions
MrUnSavory
Passenger

Will It Work

Post by MrUnSavory » 30 Oct 2017, 23:51

Hello Everyone,

I am writing because I am having trouble with my saitek panels in P3D v4. They wont work. they did at one time but now the Logitech drivers will not load under Windows 10.

The last time I tried Spad.next was under windows 7 and no longer have a chance at the free trial.

Will Spad.next solve my problem? The panels function fine under the logitech test programs but will not start in any version of P3D.

Thanks,
RossG

lesoreilly
Captain

Re: Will It Work

Post by lesoreilly » 03 Nov 2017, 23:53

I use Spad.Next with P3Dv4.1. My FIPs work and all panels work. Just like they did when it was P3Dv3.

PMDG777, CRJ700/900 and the TBM850 all work with LVARS. I have not yet flown the new 64bit MJQ800 but I am sure they will be fine as well.

OldAirmail
Donator

Post by OldAirmail » 04 Nov 2017, 18:07

This is pretty much a repost, but your questions and need are, essentially, the same.

There may be a way to use your Saitek panels with the "Saitek" drivers, but you'd be crazy to try.

Using the "standard settings" in SPAD.neXt you will be able will do FAR MORE than the Saitek drivers.

And if you want it to, you can do much more by learning a little at a time. Soon, you'll be able to add features that no one at Saitek ever thought of.

And if you want some of the high demand aircraft, the Saitek drivers will NEVER work, or work well.

In short, even if you have doubts now about buying SPAD.neXt, you'll be very happy that you did.

So go ahead and buy it.
***Then TOTALLY uninstall the Saitek drivers.***
Only then, install SPAD.neXt.

PS - Windows 10 will force a power saving scheme on you. This has nothing to do with SPAD.neXt. But you WILL want to turn it off in Win 10 or some of your USB devices may go to sleep on you.
1 Saitek Switch Panel, 1 Radio Panel, 1 Multi Panel, 1 BIP, 1 FIP,
1 Saitek Rudder Pedal,
1 Saitek Throttle, 1 Saitek TPM, 1 Desktop Aviator GPS, 1 CH Yoke

Registered

MrUnSavory
Passenger

Post by MrUnSavory » 05 Nov 2017, 03:23

Thanks for the input. I know about the Windows 10 USB power problems and have those fixed in the registry. With no way to test for my specific problem as I am not eligible for the free trial anymore it is scary to put out 30 dollars on my income if it does not work. :)

OldAirmail
Donator

Post by OldAirmail » 05 Nov 2017, 04:46

Well, I have Windows 10, Prepar3d V4.x, SPAD.neXt, and all of the Saitek panels.

I have absolutely no problem with it all working together.

Another way to look at it - Without SPAD.neXt your Saitek equipment will never work as well as it should.

Logitech now owns the Saitek name and products. So far I haven't heard of them putting ANY software development time into the Saitek drivers.

To me, it seems that your other choices are to go back to P3d V3.x, or sell off your Saitek equipment.
1 Saitek Switch Panel, 1 Radio Panel, 1 Multi Panel, 1 BIP, 1 FIP,
1 Saitek Rudder Pedal,
1 Saitek Throttle, 1 Saitek TPM, 1 Desktop Aviator GPS, 1 CH Yoke

Registered