Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Multi Panel Questions

General Discussions
c0nnex
Site Admin

Multi Panel Questions

Post by c0nnex » 22 Mar 2015, 03:55

I started working on the Multi Panel. Since I don't own it, maybe any of you can answer some questions about it:
(Always referring to default behavior, not modified by SPAD or anything else)

1) The Knob right to the LCD, does it have 1 or 2 Levels? Mean an inner and an outer dial to turn?
1a) if you select e.g. ALT , in what steps are the numbers changed (inner, outer)?

2) If you first turn in ALT and then e.g. V/S , will then the Upper Row of data ( the alt you just turned in) move to the lower row?
(Basically how does the LCD behave? )

3) The trim wheel is it a real wheel or a "pseudo push button"? What steps does it have?

4) The Flaps-Lever, is it a "switch" or a "Lever" returning to center Position again?

aeronauta
Betatester

Re: Multi Panel Questions

Post by aeronauta » 22 Mar 2015, 06:17

Here it is,

The Rotary sw )right) to set the values is an encoder single level. turns continuosly CW for up CCW for down.
as you see ALT and VS display as in the PIC < changing the left selectorr to VS does not change the display. all other selections display on the top row only bottom row is blank
Alt advances at 100 per click, 6 digits, VS advances also at 100 per click from +0 to +9900 4digits and 0 to -9900
IAS advances 1 unit per click, I guess to 999,
HDG advances 1 deg per click 3 digits 0 to 359 continuo.
CRS same as HDG .
All positions of the left selector SW are shown in the 3 Leftmost display digits (as in the Picture)ALT and VS do not change when you move the selector.
The trim wheel is also an encoder goes up/down , hard to tell the nr of steps seems continuo.
The flaps sw is a sw returns to centre.
Autothrottle is a SW. all the Buttons are backlit.

Hope this helps..

Jorge

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Mar 2015, 23:52

Just to clarify, when you change the selector mode ( left Hand Rotary ) the upper left text in LCD on Panel does not Change?

LIT206
Flight Attendant

Post by LIT206 » 02 Apr 2015, 15:40

Hi c0nnex,

First of all, sorry that your question remained unanswered for the last couple of days. If the left button is in ALT or V/S position, the display doesn't change at all, which means alt set value will be on the upper row, and V/S on the lower one.
For the other positions, it will be on the upper row only (the lower remaining blank).
Here is the link to a video I just made so that you can see the exact behaviour (if you need help for other panels, except the BIP, please feel free to ask).
http://goo.gl/shlRUd

Kind regards,

Max

PS: how and by the way, even if this is not related to the topic, I just a made a tryof SPAD.NEXT with FS9 and the same C172 profile as FSX. It works perfectly fine....

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 Apr 2015, 18:06

No Problem. Meanwhile I got a Multi-Panel gifted and the implementation is done already ;)
But thanks anyway.

caraguia
Passenger

Post by caraguia » 13 Apr 2015, 16:06

Aeronauta:
Where is the 0.5.2 spad version?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 13 Apr 2015, 23:27

caraguia wrote:Aeronauta:
Where is the 0.5.2 spad version?
You can download the old/original Version of SPAD here: http://fstools.weebly.com/

-Ulrich