Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

A2A C172 Gauge Issues with FIP

General Discussions
wazooda
Passenger

A2A C172 Gauge Issues with FIP

Post by wazooda » 03 Jun 2017, 01:36

Hey all,

I'm trying to get my A2A C172 to report to the FIP accurately, but am having a few problems.

First off, I am brand new to FIP's as I just got a CKAS 6DOF motion platform running and decided to add a few gauges.

I'm aware of the fact that A2A's sims use LVARs and I have, I believe, successfully installed the SpadNext software as well as the LVAR bridge (I can enable and disable in P3D 3.4).

My problem is while testing after reading the Spad manual, is that some of the gauges work and some do not.

For example, Saitek default Altimeter, Heading Indicator and Attitude Indicator work great! However, the ASI and the Tachometer do not.

The ASI seems accurate up to 80 knots, but then lags the sim's in-program ASI by a good 10 knots up to Vno.

The tach won't go past 1000 RPM even though I'm running at 2400 in the sim nor are the flaps indicator in that gauge working at all.

Am I missing something? I've searched for these issues but can't find any answers so I assume I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks!

-Paul

BTW - Does anyone recommend some gauges for the A@A C172 besides the Saitek defaults?

zkiwi
Captain

Re: A2A C172 Gauge Issues with FIP

Post by zkiwi » 03 Jun 2017, 06:08

Everything you need is here

http://www.fipgauges.com/

I run the majority of these gauges and they run fine in A2A C172. In fact some have a specific A2A setting.

thedazman
Betatester

Re: A2A C172 Gauge Issues with FIP

Post by thedazman » 03 Jun 2017, 10:16

In general standard gauges do not use LVARS they read simconnect variables, including my own, however my RPM (tach) gauge does read LVARS.

I haven't had any reports of my other gauges not working and guess A2A do mostly use simconnect vars for their aircraft.

If anyone has found anything in my gauges that's does not work with A2A aircraft then let me know. Up to now most people know I do not support payware aircraft because of LVARS, but most aircraft still use simconnect a lot and generally I get few incompatibility enquiries.

I would like to one and for all say my gauges are officially compatible with A2A but even A2A uses different Tach Vars in different A2A aircraft !

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com