Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Spoiler Position in Percent

General Discussions
jknapick
Passenger

Spoiler Position in Percent

Post by jknapick » 12 May 2017, 01:48

I've grabbed a number of excellent panel online snippets from Vadermike777... I am displaying spoiler position on an available Radio Panel display...The available SIMCONNECT variable is "SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION" over 100 with a format of x.xx, thus displaying values of 000.00 to 001.00. I'd really like to display in percent, i.e. 0. to 100, by multiplying by 100 and setting the format to 0. Is there a way to perform math and formatting on this variable for display purposes?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Spoiler Position in Percent

Post by c0nnex » 12 May 2017, 02:00

Right now you will have to create a "Custom expression" for that:
Addons->Expressions->Add Expression (Scope it to global to have it in all profiles)
Expression: [SIMCONNECT:SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION] * 100
Then just reference that new expression in the radio to display.

I'll add to next release that the unit for those percentage-values can be changed without using expressions.
WIll be available in beta (.125) tomorrow.

jknapick
Passenger

Post by jknapick » 14 May 2017, 19:31

OK.. I now have beta .136... I see and can select the new SIMCONNECT variable SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION (PERCENT)... However, after I select it, the variable that appears in the events list is SPOILERS HANDLE POSTION...i.e., without the {PERCENT}| and when running the sim it behaves as a decimal value, not a percent.. I also tried using the RATIO+>PERCENT operation, and that variable will also appear in the list of available variables, but once again the event list just shows SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION (with decimal behavior). I know I'm close, but not there yet...

jknapick
Passenger

Post by jknapick » 14 May 2017, 20:02

P.S. I was able to obtain the desired PERCENT display by using the EXPRESSIONS approach in your response above, but I could not make it work using the SIMCONNECT variable that you added in beta .125

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 14 May 2017, 23:07

The implementation in .125 was buggy.
Beta 139 allows now to convert the displayvalues on the fly. Just select to normal SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION , and then in the config dialog select either the "Percent over 100 to Percent" or "Multiply by 100" converter.
Also i suggest to set the DisplayFormat to "0" so decimals are cut off.

jknapick
Passenger

Post by jknapick » 16 May 2017, 02:36

Ulrich...Beta 139 did the trick! Thank you for the excellent, and superbly supported, program!

In addition to spoiler position, I'm now also displaying reverse thrust percentage (jets and prop jets), when the airplane is on the ground, in lieu of the lower right ADF display...

I also have the REV button on multi-panel FLASHING whenever the spoilers are ARMED or in any position other than DOWN. and it lights SOLID ON whenever revers thrust is being applied.

After I confirm proper functioning on the relevant default aircraft, I'll publish some on-line snippets...

Thanks again for all of you great support!