Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Baro Read Out

General Discussions
bobgoodwin
Passenger

Baro Read Out

Post by bobgoodwin » 21 Mar 2020, 20:11

Recently installed the Robin Dr 400 a European build plane. It switched my Barometric readings to European standard and I'm unable to set it back to North American.

Any suggestions.

Saitek Radio
Spad Next
Win 10
P3D V4.5
GTN 750

CBird
Passenger

Re: Baro Read Out

Post by CBird » 30 Mar 2020, 21:00

Hello Bob,

I had the same problem once. Maybe there is an easy solution to the problem, but I saw it as a challenge to control it myself.

Have a look at my published profile "P3D - Cessna C208B Carenado" (by CBird), Radio Panel, set Upper Selector to XPDR, Left Window = Barometric pressure.
When you long press the Upper ACT/STBY button, then in the Left Window the barometric pressure switches from in.hg (American) to hPa (European) and back. I had to create two local variables (BAROMETER_SET_TO_HPA and BAROMETER_SET_ACTIVE) to make it all work, but in the end it works really nice. It is not aircraft dependent.
If you put the Lower Selector to XPDR, then a long press of the Lower ACT/STBY button resets the barometric pressure to Standard Pressure (29.92 in.hg or 1013 HPa), which is easy when passing Transition Altitude in climb.

CBird

bobgoodwin
Passenger

Re: Baro Read Out

Post by bobgoodwin » 02 Apr 2020, 19:25

Many thanksfor your help. I'll take a look.

Bob