Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Programming a Button

Florida1146
Passenger

Programming a Button

Post by Florida1146 » 10 Oct 2021, 15:46

I'm a noob at this, but at least I got most of the way before I ran out of steam. Sim: MSFS2020. Plane; Beech Bonanza. SPAD: Registered. Controller in question: TM Cougar MFD.

I'm just starting to play with this app, and so this is my first attempt. I got the Bravo tuned to my personal specifics, and then went to tr and set up the panel stuff. First job: make the mags/starter work. I chose the upper left-hand rocker switch on the MFD, which is really two momentary buttons, center off. I want to have the right mag turned on when I short-push the upper rocker, and the left mag when I short-push the lower rocker. Using simconnect for everything, both selections worked. I can go back and forth between right and left mag.

NOW - I wanted to "improve" the functions by long-pressing the upper button for Both (mags) and the lower button for Start. Seems to have worked, but the Start function stays in the Start position after releasing the button. How do I make it a momentary function?

And then I thought about using the upper button for both mags - long press for left, short press for right, and then use the lower button for Both (short press) and Start (long press). But I still can't figure out how to make the Start revert back to Both when I release the button.

Anyone else have a neat solution for the mags/starter on the Bo, or any other single with an ignition switch?

-= Florida1146 =-
-= Florida1146 =-
a.k.a. Gary

Florida1146
Passenger

Re: Programming a Button

Post by Florida1146 » 10 Oct 2021, 23:21

Sorry, but I couldn't find a way to edit the above post, but I solved my own problem. TM Cougar MFD:
Rocker 27/28 (Upper left corner) -

27 Short press: Magneto_Right (Simconnect)
27 Long press: Magneto_Left (Simconnect)
28 Short press: Magneto_Both (Simconnect)
28 Long press: Magneto_Start (Simconnect)

Works great! I'm going to try and set all of my lights/switches on this MFD, and try to use 12 of the lower buttons for the soft keys on the Garmin G1000, although I've heard that the 1000 NXi isn't working with those buttons, so if anyone knows about this, or has programmed the soft buttons, please let me know. I'll try to publish my results for the Cougar MFDs (I have 3 of them) if I get them working right. I'm concentrating on just the Beech Bonanza right now - one engine at a time! 8-)

Cheers,
-= Florida1146 =-
a.k.a. Gary