Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Multi panel Autopilot ALT and VS not working

andhale
Passenger

Multi panel Autopilot ALT and VS not working

Post by andhale » 20 Aug 2020, 04:47

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Flying the Basic Cessna 172 and the SPAD complete edition. I'm using version 0.9.8.2 The radio panel and the pro switch panel all seem to work Just fine. The multi panel is a different story. The autopilot heading seems to work. When I dial in a heading the plane turns. When I attempt to set an altitude the plane does not start towards the assigned altitude. If the plane on its own comes to the altitude it blows right through it and keeps going. The Vertical Speed reads ). If I attempt to set it the plane does not change. What could be causing the Autopilot Altitude and vertical speed to not work? What can I do to fix it? They both worked when I used it in FSX. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FlyingDoc9
Passenger

Re: Multi panel Autopilot ALT and VS not working

Post by FlyingDoc9 » 28 Aug 2020, 22:37

The HDG and ALT work differently from each other.

Setting the HDG to a particular heading causes the autopilot to try to follow that new heading, so it works immediately.

On the other hand, ALT setting is seen by the autopilot as the altitude you wish to attain, but unless you give it a VS towards that new altitude it will never get there! So, for example you're at 5000' and want to climb to 10,000'. First, set the ALT to 10,000. Nothing happens because the VS is still zero. Now select VS and increase the VS reading from zero to, say 1000'/min. It will now climb at that rate until it reaches 10,000' At that point the VS will return to zero. To descend, the method is the same, though of course you must set the VS to a negative value, say, -1000/min.

Hope that helps.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Multi panel Autopilot ALT and VS not working

Post by c0nnex » 29 Aug 2020, 01:17

Additional to that you will need to press the ALT button, to make the AP climb/descend.
It reassembles the real world KAP140 programming.