Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Output on Arduino from Spad.Next

Discussion about special hardware
dfergusson8
Passenger

Output on Arduino from Spad.Next

Post by dfergusson8 » 07 Aug 2021, 20:49

Hello everyone,
I've been struggling with something I am trying to build.
Basically as Saitek Backlit Info Panel is quite hard to find (especially at reasonable prices) I am trying to build one.
Architecture is quite simple I just need LEDs connected to arduino and need to turn them on when a condition is true.

I am currently using another Arduino Leonardo configured as Joystick for inputs and it works like a charm, so I am not new to all this.

What's difficult to me is to find a way to send an input to arduino leonardo (currently configured with Joystick.h library) from Spad.Next.
For example, when a condition gets satisfied like a LOW FUEL, for example, I need to turn on a led. Simple as that.

In the Saitek Multipanel this is simple as I can use the "Change button light" function (which I use now for stall warning, etc... but it does not work very well).

How can I achieve this with Arduino the easiest way? Possibly using only spad.next..

Thanks in advance.

Redscouse
Flight Attendant

Re: Output on Arduino from Spad.Next

Post by Redscouse » 08 Aug 2021, 01:33

Hi,

As far as I know, the Joystick library is one-way communication.
Try setting your Arduino up as a serial device for two-way.

Do you have the complete edition of Spad.Next and access to that member section?
Reason I ask is there is a thread in that section where a few members kindly pointed me in the right direction.

Pete.
I'm Pete, AKA: Redscouse, owner and creator of Scouse Airlines.
Since MS2000, I've been tinkering with liveries, missions and scenery etc.

Check out the download section of my website and grab some free stuff!

dfergusson8
Passenger

Re: Output on Arduino from Spad.Next

Post by dfergusson8 » 12 Aug 2021, 20:55

Hello Pete,
thanks for your help, yes I do have Spad.Next, not the full version though. I will try to search in that section.

Thank you.