Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Throttle quadrants to your heart content

Discussion about special hardware
RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Throttle quadrants to your heart content

Post by RCenteno » 09 Sep 2016, 12:46

I came across this website in Japan that sells quadrants of all kinds and aircraft models, very interesting and promising :D.

Unfortunately they only sell them in Japan. No international orders.

http://web1.kcn.jp/soujukan_koubou/koubou/1THR.htm (Link is offline)

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules in sharing the link.

Enjoy.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Throttle quadrants to your heart content

Post by c0nnex » 09 Sep 2016, 14:43

nice. Maybe i create a subforum for hardware stuff.

RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Post by RCenteno » 09 Sep 2016, 15:54

Hi Ulrich, hope all is well on you end and as always, thanks for your product and support.

With the back order of Saitek equipment around the world this company in Japan could be making lots of sales. It seems that their equipment is well manufactured and available. Personally, I will love to get a hold of one of those 737 throttle quadrant as I am taking flight simulation very seriously.

In the email reply that I got from someone on this company said that they don't ship internationally because of liability, shipping insurance, lack of English language and support for their products. Hence only dealing in Japan.

You idea of a subforum for hardware will be most welcomed.

Regards,

Rafael

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 10 Sep 2016, 09:44

Wow they are awesome, thank you for sharing the link.

If they won't ship I'll have to book my flight!

I wonder how much they are, they look very well made so I guess they would be expensive too

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Post by RCenteno » 10 Sep 2016, 19:37

The guy that I am exchanging emails with his English is minimum but understandable. He used to be a Ham Radio Operator, something that we shared in common. I am trying to establish some sort of relation and see if there will be a possibility to purchase one of those throttles and tiller for the simulator. I am also trying to see if I can find a friend or acquaintance here in the US and have someone in Japan and see if a personal purchase there and then a delivery to the US will do. It is a shame that this company won't ship outside Japan now that Saitek's equipment is OUT OF STOCK and no date in sight. This company can capitalize globally. I will try to continue the communication to see what transpires.

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 26 Sep 2016, 00:31

RCenteno wrote:He used to be a Ham Radio Operator, something that we shared in common.
Hi RCenteno,
Its a pity the bands are so dead at the moment we could have made some contacts on the radio to find another Ham in Japan to use as a shipping agent.

David
VK3JDA
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Post by RCenteno » 28 Sep 2016, 21:43

Hi David. That will be a good idea to have an agent who can do this for us. This guy could be making a lot of money, that is, if the price is right. I've been tinkering with this idea and contacted a few people here in USA, Maryland but no luck here. Bands are terrible, perhaps 160M will light up. Trying to get DXCC on 160M. Need a few more contacts. Well, I had to redo my FSX computer and it is almost ready so there's has been a lot of downtime on my end. Let me know if you're lucky or have any ideas on how to get these.

Rafael, KP4N

RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Post by RCenteno » 05 Oct 2016, 15:18

Good day Ulrich and community.

I am moving this post again in the hopes that someone here will have some ideas as to how to get a shipping agent in Japan for these throttle quadrants. These quadrants look well done and thought through for the rest of us.

Any ideas here or if there's someone in this community that has a contact in Japan that could inquire about and post that will be excellent. He's coming up with other models as early as yesterday. You can see them in youtube. Shame that Japan only. Let's bring ideas forth.

I wish you all well.

Raf

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 05 Oct 2016, 16:06

Any idea how much those babies are?

RCenteno
Flight Attendant

Post by RCenteno » 05 Oct 2016, 16:21

Hi Ulrich.

No, not really. The last email I sent to him with a Google Translate into Japanese as well as English went unanswered. I see new videos of new quadrants but in a few of them, as people ask about availability, I see his replies in Japanese and translate into not selling outside of Japan. Perhaps he has good business just concentrating in Japan rather than expanding throughout the world. Sure there is a good market to be had but ...

Again, maybe someone here in the forum can come up with a good idea or strategy. I can only hope.