Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Saitek BIP panel need help please URGENT

Discussion about special hardware
BobJr
Passenger

Saitek BIP panel need help please URGENT

Post by BobJr » 12 Feb 2021, 07:49

I need help please to program my BIP panel

Ex: add landing lights

First a click on Add Event and select scripted event

Ask me to select (Change plate color) I select OFF and add another one and select GREEN
So it looks like that: In action to be executed

Change BIP Panel BIP Row 3 Col 4 to OFF
Change BIP Panel BIP Row 3 Col 4 to GREEN

Second: I click on Add Condition: And I select: sim/cockpit2/switches/landing_lights_on and I change the value 0 to 1

When I click on Landing Light The BIP panel landing light turn to GREEN
But If I put my switch to OFF , stay GREEN

What Im doing wrong please.
If someone can give me a example or what im doing wrong It will be appreciate.
Thx

Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Re: Saitek BIP panel need help please URGENT

Post by Clutch Cargo » 15 Feb 2021, 22:58

Hi Bob,

Not sure if this will help as you do not mention what FS platform you are using or what aircraft but may give you a helping hand. For turning on landing lights I use the Logitech switch panel. It appears you use a switch in the 3D/2D cockpit? So that part you may need to change. For me, I tell the BIP panel that for the landing light indicator to light up green or shut off you also have to have the battery on and the alternator on (I like to have all my lights shut off when I turn battery/alternator off).

I was gonna try to include a screenshot of my SPADnext events, etc. but saw no way to insert a photo. So try this (I tried it on my BIP and seemed to work):

1. COPY the xml script below.

<BaseEvent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" BoundTo="BIP_3_7" xmlns="http://www.fsgs.com/SPAD">
<EventDefinitions>
<EventDefinition Trigger="VALUE">
<EventConditions>
<EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="1" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:LIGHT LANDING" />
<EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="1" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH" />
</EventConditions>
<EventActions>
<EventActionPlateColor Color="GREEN" />
</EventActions>
</EventDefinition>
<EventDefinition Trigger="VALUE">
<EventConditions>
<EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="0" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:LIGHT LANDING" />
<EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="1" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH" />
</EventConditions>
<EventActions>
<EventActionPlateColor Color="OFF" />
</EventActions>
</EventDefinition>
</EventDefinitions>
<Options>
<Option Key="NAME" Value="LANDING LIGHT" />
</Options>
</BaseEvent>

2. Turn on SPADnext and select the BIP panel. Select a blank spot on your BIP that has not been assigned yet (just so you do not overwrite your current code), as a test to see if this method works. Else, just delete what you already have in the indicator location spot you want.
3. With that light indicator spot selected, click on the Edit Event drop down arrow "V" and click on PASTE.
4. A window will pop up saying it will replace all events for that spot. Click OK.
5. That paste sets up events correctly and you can see it visually in SPADnext.

I'm just not sure if it is finding the correct on/off landing light switch in your aircraft but it might... worth a shot. Let me know if this method works. Another idea is to download via SPADnext a Profile that contains the BIP panel from another simmer. That's what I have done for a few setups with other panels. Gives you a head start rather than creating all from scratch.

Clutch

Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Re: Saitek BIP panel need help please URGENT

Post by Clutch Cargo » 15 Feb 2021, 23:01

I just noticed when I submitted my reply the xml code lost all its proper indents. As you can see each line is moved to the left edge. So I tried this version also and it still works (just looks ugly here).