Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Saitek BIP Panel Revamped

Discussion about special hardware
airman32
Flight Attendant

Saitek BIP Panel Revamped

Post by airman32 » 31 Aug 2020, 18:20

I have been working on the PMDG B737NGXU and Saitek panels for a brief time since my retirement from the Airlines and have managed to get the Radio, Switch, Multi panels squared away so that leaves the BIP panel. As you see here on the enclosed attachment I have changed some of the tiles to reflect the aircraft's activity during flight. I managed to light sand the labels off from some of the extra tiles that came with BIP panel. I used a 1000 grit sponge block and removed the label under running water. Once the label was removed I printed the enclosed picture on to "Clear Vinyl Sticker Paper" that I ordered from Amazon. I then applied the tiles to the back "Adhesive" side of the printed vinyl paper and used an X-acto knife to cut the tiles off the vinyl sheet.

On SPAD.Next you can find my panel configuration listed on the online profiles as "P3Dv5 PMDG 737NGXU". Feel free to comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airman32
Flight Attendant

Re: Saitek BIP Panel Revamped

Post by airman32 » 31 Aug 2020, 22:05

This should make putting your tiles on the back side (adhesive side) of the vinyl sheet and easier to line up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 01 Sep 2020, 00:43

Been printing custom BIP templates for years only now I have 3D printed blank tile plates that you can just slide a negative print on photo paper into the plate. :-)
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

airman32
Flight Attendant

Post by airman32 » 01 Sep 2020, 03:17

I just recently started using the Clear Vinyl Sticker paper that make life easier to handle and set up. Works like a champ. If anyone need any change to the tile labels let me know and I can post a new BIP layout for you.

airman32
Flight Attendant

Post by airman32 » 01 Sep 2020, 03:36

dazmzn,
I posted an inquiry last week if anyone knew where I can purchase new tiles for my BIP panel and the only response I got was from "c0nnex" referring me to the D2B tool I previously commented on way back when in this forum. With that in mind I came up with a DIY to meet my needs and posted for any one who can use this process to achieve this. Did not mean to take any potential business away from you and my intentions on this is to share with fellow simmers.

kirkbauer
Flight Attendant

Post by kirkbauer » 02 Sep 2020, 23:34

Where can one buy a Saitek BIP panel? That's what I'd really like to know :)

airman32
Flight Attendant

Post by airman32 » 03 Sep 2020, 00:54

I really don't have a clue. Maybe "thedazman" can answer that. Have you checked Ebay?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 03 Sep 2020, 15:07

Curently it's very hard to buy any piece of sim-hardware. Everything is almost completely sold out or redicolus overpriced.
Just wait until manufacturer recover from covid lockdowns.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 06 Sep 2020, 23:12

Worse case you can put my BIPv2 gauge on a FIP, I prefer my BIP on a FIP because it’s all custom in software, no printing (12 plates per FIP). Then there’s the Streamdeck support coming which is very much like a custom BIP. eBay is probably your best bet if you want a BIP right now.

I only do BIP Plate mods for myself :-) I don’t distribute them. But having a set of 3D printed plate frames then you can slide any text into it pretty cool, but you still have to re-program the plate function when moving the plates around, which is why I don’t use my BIP really that often
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com