Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Who's using Arduino's

Discussion about special hardware
Oz Flyer
Betatester

Who's using Arduino's

Post by Oz Flyer » 03 May 2020, 04:24

Hi All,
I have seen many post now about Arduino's so how many of you out there have started building or are looking at building with them?

I would like to see a list of users so we can help each other.

I have 3 projects done. GPS, Radio stack & gear shift . Working on converting games port wheel and racing pedals over to USB.

David.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

pascalan
Passenger

Re: Who's using Arduino's

Post by pascalan » 03 May 2020, 18:24

Hello
I use arduino boards , I connect them with the program " Mobiflight " . Mobiflight is a great software tool , but i want to connect them to Spadnext , I don´t know how to do that . Spadnext has Lvar support .
So if you can guide me how to connect my boards to spadnext it would be a great help .
Grt
Pascal

Reinhard
Donator

Re: Wer verwendet Arduininis

Post by Reinhard » 04 May 2020, 07:05

I also use arduino boards but have not yet got the connection to SPAD_NEXT. I would also be grateful for a simple instruction.
Reinhard

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 04 May 2020, 12:24

First place to go is:
https://github.com/c0nnex/SPAD.neXt/wiki

I have been using the Mega2560 for serial and the Leonardo for joystick mode.
I also have an Uno to play with.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.

TWIVEZY
Flight Attendant

Post by TWIVEZY » 06 May 2020, 17:45

I have 4 Mega2560's on order. I have 1 Uno that I have just started to experiment with using Mobiflight.

It would however be great if I could use them with SpadNext. SpadNext is already controlling several LeoBodnar BBI32's and Packled64 cards. My plan is to build 2 A320 MCDUs with the Mega2560, to be used with my FSLabs homecockpit project.
Saitek HW: ProFlight Yoke (upgraded with springs and a LeoBodnar JC), 2 TQs, 2 RPs, MP, SP
Other HW: MFG rudderpedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick, DIY A320 glareshield (WIP; 3 BBI32s and 2 PACLED64s)

Frit
Passenger

Post by Frit » 06 May 2020, 20:54

I'm using an UNO via serial to build a b767 autopilot for x-plane 11 but I had to tweak the example sketch to make it work. Next up is using a Raspberry PI 4 as a video display and using it's GPIO to interface with hardware and interfacing that with SPAD.next.

Frit

loudly
Passenger

Post by loudly » 17 May 2020, 19:33

Hi Oz Flyer,

Do you mind sharing with me what you see on the spad.neXt UI when your Arduino device is connected (a screenshot will be greatly appreciated)?
I followed https://github.com/c0nnex/SPAD.neXt/wik ... Connection and have been able to establish a connection between my Arduino Mega and spad.neXt. The support/status page does list my device as connected under "current data provider connection states", and I do see the PING/PONG messages every a few seconds in the data monitor.

However, my device does not "show up" on the UI like the Saitek panels and the joysticks do. This means I can't associate any button/knob to a SIMCONNECT variable or so using the UI. Is this expected? Am I supposed to implement all the logic by coding on Arduino directly?

I'm worried that my spad.neXt installation is broken:
At first after I enabled beta features, the updater ran but it was stuck when updating SCS.ETS2.dll (I only noticed this later). Since SerialCommandDevice.dll was supposed to be updated after that file, I couldn't even see the serial command device option in settings. I uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled, and the beta updater stuck at the same place. I then manually copied all files under C:\Program Files\SPAD.neXt\spadupd to override the same files under C:\Program Files\SPAD.neXt. This enabled me to connect to the device with spad.neXt, but I'm wondering if something is still missing and maybe that's why my device does not "show up"?

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 19 May 2020, 05:42

Loudly,
How are you going after I sent you my code?
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB

loudly
Passenger

Post by loudly » 20 May 2020, 16:18

Hi Oz flyer,

Thanks a lot for the code! I'm still trying go get my own device to work.

One thing I'm still confused is: if all the logics, e.g. turning a physical rotary encoder sends an event to SIMCONNECT, are done with code (i.e. not via the spad.neXt UI), what's the point of exposing those encoders then (i.e. by sending the 1,ADD commands)?

loudly
Passenger

Post by loudly » 21 May 2020, 14:17

I got my prototype running today, and here's a short video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hdgtdpAHEAARvYwn6 .
I can share the code when it's in a better shape.