Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

SPAD.neXt Monitor

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
Oz Flyer
Betatester

SPAD.neXt Monitor

Post by Oz Flyer » 19 Oct 2015, 13:30

Hi Ulrich,

Great work on the LVAR's monitor.

I am finding that sometime the last line of the live log is off the bottom of the window.

I may have missed it some where but when I push save it seams to only save the LVAR names in an XML file.
Is there any way to (could you look at)
(1) Be able to save the live log to a text file.
(2) Be able to pause the live log file.
(3) Be able to clear the live log window with out having to reload everything.

Now this may be a bit harder
(4) Be able to click on an LVAR in the live window and add it to a watch window? So when you think you have found what you are looking for you can watch it with out having to find it again in the live window.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: SPAD.neXt Monitor

Post by c0nnex » 19 Oct 2015, 16:54

The live window only shows changes of variables that are currently monitored.
Showing all variable changes in the live window would be a big performance impact, since there are a _lot_ of changes while flying (sometimes about 100 changes a second e.g. if you are descending ).
I might add an option for that maybe. Currently you can get that information from the SPAD.neXt logfile.

For your ideas:
1) Planned already
2) Hmm might add a button to disable auto-scrolling. or maybe bind it to scroll-lock key
3) Good idea
4) Since Live window only shows monitored values this does not apply. However it might be a good idea to be able to send the configured data definitions of a switch/display to the monitor via the context menu. I'll look into that.