Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

B737 offsets

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
LIT206
Flight Attendant

B737 offsets

Post by LIT206 » 07 Apr 2015, 10:01

Hi,

I come here with another problem (not a bug hopefully) regarding assignment of 737 offsets.
When it comes to make assignment and entering the offset values, it is difficult ot know which value to input, as in below pic:
Is there a way to find those offset values?

Many thanks in advance for your help on this!

Max

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: B737 offsets

Post by c0nnex » 07 Apr 2015, 13:30

Unfortunately PMDG does not hand out any Documentation.
It's all try and error. You can find out a bit in the SDK Folder( <fsxfolder>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\SDK )

So it will be up to the community to create a 737-Offset-xml with descriptions *wink*

-Ulrich

klisura
First Officer

Post by klisura » 04 Jul 2015, 17:22

Hi c0nnex, I'm running latest relaese (fixup 4) but I'm not able to configure the multi panel to change alt, vs, ias, hdg and crs values.
I setted a/t arm switch and flaps correctly and they work, but I've no idea how to configure alt, vs, ias, hdg and crs.
Do you have a screenshot to show me or can you take one?

tennshadow
First Officer

Post by tennshadow » 04 Jul 2015, 20:58

Perhaps someone has a working profile for the PMDG737 similar to the C172 one that comes with SPAD that could be added to the next version or shared?

:mrgreen:

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 04 Jul 2015, 21:10

klisura wrote:Hi c0nnex, I'm running latest relaese (fixup 4) but I'm not able to configure the multi panel to change alt, vs, ias, hdg and crs values.
I setted a/t arm switch and flaps correctly and they work, but I've no idea how to configure alt, vs, ias, hdg and crs.
Do you have a screenshot to show me or can you take one?
Have you tried to use the normal FSX Offset's/FSX Controls for those?
AFAIK There are no special PMDG-Controls defined for e.g. turning the ALT-Knob, beneath the special events to set the value directly.
Maybe check in the PMDG Support Forums how to access those functions in PMDG's with FSUIPC and then we can work on getting it to run in SPAD.neXt.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 04 Jul 2015, 21:27

I looked a bit into that problem.

As it looks like the configuration needed for getting the Mode-Selector and Dials to work with PMDG is not yet possible with SPAD.neXt and would require quite some code changes. Technically one has to read an offset for displaying, but use a control to commit changes to the PMDG. This combination is not supported (yet).

I'll play around with that a bit tonight, to evaluate the work and complexity of code changes required to achieve this. Then I'll decide how to move on ( a) put on todo list for free spad.next version b) put on todo list for registered spad.next version or c) postpone decision because of too complex code changes )

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 04 Jul 2015, 22:53

OK got it working :ugeek:

However this involves that I have to open a functionality that is meant to be "registered version of SPAD.neXt" only . Therefor PMDG-Support (as all other non standard handling aircrafts already) will move completely into the registered version.

The registered version of SPAD.neXt will be available "soonish" either via simmarket or shareit. If you don't want to wait, contact me via PM or email support@fsgs.com

tennshadow
First Officer

Post by tennshadow » 05 Jul 2015, 03:20

c0nnex wrote:OK got it working :ugeek:

However this involves that I have to open a functionality that is meant to be "registered version of SPAD.neXt" only . Therefor PMDG-Support (as all other non standard handling aircrafts already) will move completely into the registered version.

The registered version of SPAD.neXt will be available "soonish" either via simmarket or shareit. If you don't want to wait, contact me via PM or email support@fsgs.com

I don't have a problem at all paying for this to get PMDG support! Could you possibly add a PMDG profile by default for paid users like you've done with the C172 profile? That way everything will work for those that don't want to customize. Just a suggestion.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 05 Jul 2015, 03:27

tennshadow wrote:
I don't have a problem at all paying for this to get PMDG support! Could you possibly add a PMDG profile by default for paid users like you've done with the C172 profile? That way everything will work for those that don't want to customize. Just a suggestion.
Sure no problem.
It's not _that_ complicated though, if you understand how PMDG thinks :evil:

tennshadow
First Officer

Post by tennshadow » 05 Jul 2015, 03:42

c0nnex wrote:
Sure no problem.
It's not _that_ complicated though, if you understand how PMDG thinks :evil:
Awesome - Thank you so much for that!