Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

FIP not seen in SPAD any more.

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
Robs
Flight Attendant

FIP not seen in SPAD any more.

Post by Robs » 23 Nov 2018, 14:25

Hi Connex,

I have had my FIP working in Spad.NEXT with FSX and win7 64 but after an FSX VAS crash it failed to reboot (black and no response except the red up lap flashes and stops) with spad so I am attempting to clean out and reinstall. Spad has FIP on in device settings.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Saitek (Flight_Instrument_Panel_x64_Drivers_8.0.150.0.exe about 3Mb) but get stuck at greyed out next after FIP plugged in.

I have also followed another thread on this forum and downloaded
www.spadnext.com/download/FipDriver.zip
I have tried to right click install the inf for bus and fip but get "The inf file you selected does not support this method of installation"

I have also tried to identify in Device Manager and point to the right inf file but computer says no.

Please advise how I get the fip recognised by spad again or help me walk thru again.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

thedazman
Betatester

Re: FIP not seen in SPAD any more

Post by thedazman » 23 Nov 2018, 17:11

You must uninstall the Saitek drivers/saiflightsimx/direct output service they and SPAD.next can’t co-exist, only the FIP driver is needed.

SPAD should display a splash screen on the FIP and it should be listed in the SPAD.bext FIP list?

It’s possible the FIP has crashed and corrupted its self, I had one do this and wasn’t recoverable, but let’s assume for now yours hasnt.

While SPAD is closed, pc is on, unplug usb lead from back of FIP and re-connect. Lights should flash red for about 5 seconds. Then fire up SPAD and let us know if the FIP appears in the fip list.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Robs
Flight Attendant

Re: FIP not seen in SPAD any more.

Post by Robs » 23 Nov 2018, 20:19

Cheers Daz,

"You must uninstall the Saitek drivers/saiflightsimx/direct output service they and SPAD.next can’t co-exist" --> yes I understand this and this is removed. With the latest official Saitek FIP driver package it gets installed first but is easily removed from control panel. If you don't Spad warns you of the issue anyway.

only the FIP driver is needed. --> this is the issue! Getting the FIP driver to reinstall.

1) using official install package - unplugging, running install package I find the installer doesn't recognise when FIP plugged in again (greyed out next button and the direct output is installed again) so you cant complete driver installation.
2) using inf file right click install from extracted official package and link on Spad page gives the inf file error message above.
3) device manager and trying to update drivers of the Saitek HID devices say latest driver is installed and device manager can't find the new device.

I don't think the device is corrupted because I got it going last night from the same state.

But I uninstalled all the USB drivers because I felt the need to tidy up and thinking it would be easy to install again easily but it wont and these new issues have appeared.

Further suggestions needed on how to get the FIP driver to install.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 23 Nov 2018, 22:34

I never needed the fip driver myself. You only need it if NO FIPs appear in control panel/printers & devices.

If All or SOME FIPs appear in the control panel devices and printers then you don’t need to do any more.

Otherwise it should be a simple case of installing the fip driver provided by SPAD.

If you installed to Saitek driver package and then removed it then this should also leave the usb hardware driver behind either method should work.

Daz

Robs
Flight Attendant

Post by Robs » 25 Nov 2018, 22:37

You only need it if NO FIPs appear in control panel/printers & devices --> this was my issue they didn't.
The saitek driver above, which is the latest from the saitek site, has the direct output driver bundled in and installs it before the FIP driver but it's not an issue to go to control panel and uninstall the saitek direct output driver. SPAD reminds you if you don't.
Thanks for your assist.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 25 Nov 2018, 23:41

If you have installed either the SPAD provided driver or the Saitek driver and it still doesn’t appear then you have a problem with your device or connections.

Is the FIP connected directly to the pc or via a hub?

Install the FIP on as many different USB ports you can to see if it kicks to live of install on another PC to check to device.

I assume you only have one FIP?

Daz

Robs
Flight Attendant

Post by Robs » 26 Nov 2018, 10:17

Daz,
Thanks for your help but all sorted now as i mentioned earlier.
Description was to help others who might need clues with FIP problems.

Yes one FIP. It is connected by a hub. It was not allowing the saitek driver package to proceed as when you connected midway as instructed.
First i disconnected hub and connected direct to extender cable, no joy, then I connected a known working device to the extender cable and no joy.
I thought it was the extender cable until I unplugged it and tried it in a different port on the computer which showed it wasnt. I plugges it bac into the original port socket and it seems it wasn't seated at it worked.

At least it's not FIP. USB ports cheaper.

Anyway all working now. This can be closed.
Thanks for offering help.
All the best
Rob.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 26 Nov 2018, 14:32

When did you mention earlier in this thread it was sorted?

Having re-read the thread I can’t find any indication it was resolved.

Glad you got it working in the end

Daz