Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Smooth rudder control with Yoke

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
noek
Passenger

Smooth rudder control with Yoke

Post by noek » 07 Apr 2018, 14:36

I'm trying to control the aircraft rudder with the Saitek Pro Yoke, instead of buying rudder pedals.
I want to use the C1 and C2 buttons for left and right rudder steering, and when I release the button I want the rudder to (if possible, smoothly) restore to the center position.

Configured the C1 and C2 button as follows:
C1:
Pressed (Mode 1): Send RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT-event (Buttonmode: triggered every 25ms until released)
Released (Mode 1): Send Rudder_CENTER-Event

C2:
Pressed (Mode 1): Send RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT-event (Buttonmode: triggered every 25ms until released)
Released (Mode 1): Send Rudder_CENTER-Event
It doesn't work as I want, though. The 25ms repeat mode doesn't seem to work, as the rudder only goes one step left and I need to "click" to move it even more. I've also tried the RUDDER_LEFT and RUDDER_RIGHT instead of the TRIM variant, but same result.
Furthermore, the rudder doesn't restore to the center when I release the button.

I hope I'm in the right direction and was hoping to get some pointers here. Thanks in advance for the tips!