Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Custom profiles blank after changing USB port...

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
slicker55
Passenger

Custom profiles blank after changing USB port...

Post by slicker55 » 29 Mar 2021, 00:13

So, first, a big thank you to c0nnex for SPAD.next :D

I recently purchased the program and two Logitech radio Panels for Xplane 11.

It's been a long week with a couple of all-nighters but I've now got the hang of it and am totally converted...

So, I have now ordered a multi-panel but today I had a bit of a shock!

I decided to re-route my cables to prepare for the new panel.

After the shuffle, I reloaded SPAD.next to discover that all my custom-made profiles were blank :o

I now realise that when I unplugged the two radio panel USB cables, I didn't put them back in the same USB ports.

So, no long-term damage done, quickly realised my mistake and everything is now back to how it was.

But, here's my question.... how do I go on if at any time in the future, I want to change the ports the panels are currently plugged into?

I'm thinking, like, when I get a new computer - something which has been on the cards for a while now!

slicker55
Passenger

Re: Custom profiles blank after changing USB port...

Post by slicker55 » 29 Mar 2021, 14:08

Better just jump back in to share some good news...

Took a leap of faith this morning...

Disconnected both radio's, rebooted computer, inseted radio's into alternative USB ports, re-ran SPAD.next, both radio's automatically identified and profiles remain intact

Re-ran entire process, this time introducing a RSHTECH USB 3.0, 4+1 Powered Hub plugged radio's into hub, everything working fine