Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Elgato Stream Deck XL

General Discussions
Tabbo
Passenger

Elgato Stream Deck XL

Post by Tabbo » 19 Aug 2020, 12:42

Hi,

Besides using my Cockpit with MSFS 2020 (the SimConnect stutter bug is a shame), I was looking forward to version 0.9.8, because of the Elgato Stream Deck support. I own the XL version of the Stream Deck, but can't seem to find the new support in Spad.Next.

Am I blind or how do I activate the Stream Deck XL?

Best regards,
Torben

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Elgato Stream Deck XL

Post by c0nnex » 19 Aug 2020, 15:39

It's currently in beta, you will need to switch to the beta UpdateChannel (Settings->Expert)
If you already on 0.9.8.2 you will not receive the beta before next update for it is pushed (today)
When on the beta, you will need to activate it in Settings->Devices

Tabbo
Passenger

Post by Tabbo » 19 Aug 2020, 15:56

Have switched now, but I unfortunately was already updated to 0.9.8.2.

I will provide feedback on the Stream Deck support as soon as I have the beta running.

Brakeman75
Passenger

Post by Brakeman75 » 31 Aug 2020, 22:23

Hello, not sure where to post about the stream deck so here seemed a good spot.

I purchased SPAD to test the StreamDeck functionality (I fully understand this is beta software) and wanted to provide some quick feedback.

Before i start 3 small disclaimers
i am new to SPAD
I am using it with MSFS2020 which i know has simconnect issues.
I am new to flight sims and simconnect etc.

1. So far i am excited about the software. I was able to setup a button and have it change images based on the sim connect data (strobe lights specifically) I could switch the button in game and have the image change to off and on and then press the stream deck button to change it as well. All very exciting and a great improvement over the elgato software.

2. I cant seem to find a way to switch pages using a button press. I tried using the Advanced Actions: Device: next page (no luck), and Device Set Page (no luck, couldn't figure out how to give it data to tell it what page to go to.) I might not have found the correct Action to do this.

3. In my strobe light example i has some instances of image corruption. IE: the ON image would be fine but then the OFF image would only show partially or just a corner of the image. I couldn't consistently get this behavior. Some times the image would display properly and sometimes not. It may have had something to do with the label and changing its position as i was messing with that when i observed the problem. I cant currently give exact steps to recreate the issue.

Anyway very excited about using the Streamdeck with SPAD.

Thanks
Brakeman75

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 01 Sep 2020, 10:41

1) Great that, as a new user, you got it working. Any pitfalls or suggestion how to make life easier welcome.
2) no yet supported by the streamdeck
3) Known problem. Currently looking what causes this issue. What dimensions are your png-files? Which Streamdeck do you have?

Please note, feeback about beta features and bugreporting should preferrably be done in Discord. It's much easier and faster to track down problems and beta bugs in direct comunication.

simdude
Passenger

Post by simdude » 01 Sep 2020, 21:48

c0nnex wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:41
1) Great that, as a new user, you got it working. Any pitfalls or suggestion how to make life easier welcome.
3) Known problem. Currently looking what causes this issue. What dimensions are your png-files? Which Streamdeck do you have?

Please note, feeback about beta features and bugreporting should preferrably be done in Discord. It's much easier and faster to track down problems and beta bugs in direct comunication.
Can you expand on the things we can do with the stream deck (re: question 2). I'm really interested in Spad.next's support of the Streamdeck and I was thinking about getting one tomorrow and now I'm thinking I need the XL to have more buttons. So you can't have a dynamic display of buttons on the stream deck? E.g. say I press the 'Com1' button and it would change the buttons to input a com frequency temporarily, then switch back to the main screen.

Also, what type of data can spad.next send to the stream deck? Is it limited to just binary on/off or can it display things like the current transponder code? And is there a way to input information from the stream deck to the sim (like entering a com1 frequency) or again is it limited to toggles?

If those features aren't supported, is that a permanent thing or a development process thing?

Thanks for developing this and your active support of the software here in the forum.

Brakeman75
Passenger

Post by Brakeman75 » 01 Sep 2020, 22:21

Hi cOnnex, thanks for the follow-up. I will post future feedback in discord.

Thanks
Brakeman75

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 01 Sep 2020, 23:11

simdude wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 21:48
c0nnex wrote:

Can you expand on the things we can do with the stream deck (re: question 2). I'm really interested in Spad.next's support of the Streamdeck and I was thinking about getting one tomorrow and now I'm thinking I need the XL to have more buttons. So you can't have a dynamic display of buttons on the stream deck? E.g. say I press the 'Com1' button and it would change the buttons to input a com frequency temporarily, then switch back to the main screen.

Also, what type of data can spad.next send to the stream deck? Is it limited to just binary on/off or can it display things like the current transponder code? And is there a way to input information from the stream deck to the sim (like entering a com1 frequency) or again is it limited to toggles?

If those features aren't supported, is that a permanent thing or a development process thing?

Thanks for developing this and your active support of the software here in the forum.
As stated before it's beta and in development. It will not be released to public before end of september (rough guess as of today).
Everything that can be done with any other device SPAD.neXt supports will be able to be done with the stream deck as well, apart from additonal streamdeck special feature like e.g. multiple pages ot anmiations (ypu actually can run a fip gauge on a 3x3 button area !)

Which features will make it into release or not, depends on the feedback in the Discord beta channel.

simdude
Passenger

Post by simdude » 01 Sep 2020, 23:23

c0nnex wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 23:11
simdude wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 21:48
c0nnex wrote:

As stated before it's beta and in development. It will not be released to public before end of september (rough guess as of today).
Everything that can be done with any other device SPAD.neXt supports will be able to be done with the stream deck as well, apart from additonal streamdeck special feature like e.g. multiple pages ot anmiations (ypu actually can run a fip gauge on a 3x3 button area !)

Which features will make it into release or not, depends on the feedback in the Discord beta channel.
Thanks! I'm sorry if I came off as impertinent - just wanted to get a feel for what was possible since I've never used a stream deck or spad.next. I think the stream deck + Spad.Next has the huge potential to be so many types of interactive interfaces for sim that would previously require a dedicated device (for example, right now to display and manipulate coms and autopilot you can get two dedicated devices for $150 each. Those are both very realistic, but take up space and money. The stream deck could potentially do both and more!).

So, suffice it to say I'm very excited about your work here and can't wait to try out the beta. I'll for sure be joining the discord channel if/when I have any feedback - most of which I'm pretty sure will be very positive! Thanks again for your great communication!

Remcoov
Passenger

Post by Remcoov » 03 Sep 2020, 09:37

I would love to help/test with the streamdeck (I have the normal version but assume that will work as well)

I managed to switch to beta mode on version 0.9.8.2 but can't find the stream deck to popup anywhere in spadnext.

What am I doing wrong?