Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Multipanel only picking up every other tick of the knob in SPAD.neXt

General Discussions
Jon_H
Passenger

Multipanel only picking up every other tick of the knob in SPAD.neXt

Post by Jon_H » 16 May 2020, 12:40

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has some insights on this. I'm currently on trial version of SPAD.neXt and trying to decide if I should buy the complete license or not. I have one major issue with it though. I upgraded my Saitek Panels (both MultiPanel and Radio Panels) with the professional grade knobs from MotiveMods, because I was driven crazy by the poor precission of the original low quality knobs. However, SPAD.neXt is only picking up every other tick of the MultiPanel knob, so clearly it has some sort of "filter" applied to the events coming from the panel, likely to avoid the double ticks that often came from the low quality standard knob of the panel.

I know for a fact that it isn't a hardware issue, as every other tool out there is picking up every turn of the knob (DCSFlightpanels in DCS World, XSaitekPanels in X-Plane, LorbyAxisAndOhs in MSFS 2020 alpha). I'd really like to migrate my civil aviation sim'ing (MSFS 2020 and X-Plane 11) to SPAD.neXt as I love the easy configurations and flexibility, but I obviously need to know that it will support the precission of the hardware panel if I'm going to buy it. I can't find any settings in the user interface that enables "full" sensitivity on the MultiPanel knob, but might there be a configuration file maybe that would allow for this?

I have tried to post in bugs /problems forum, but it said that moderator approval was needed before the post would show. I think that was 6-7 days ago, and still no approval, so that is getting me nowhere. Likewise I tried to create a support ticket, but as I haven't bought a license yet, that is not allowed either. However I really need to find out if SPAD.neXt can support the real precission of the MultiPanel knob or not, as it is a deal breaker for me if it can't, as I didn't spend that much money shipping in the MotiveMods upgrade from US to EU, only to have no benefit because of a software limitation.

My trial is running out in 4 days so I'm really hoping someone here can help me.

Thanks,

Jon H.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Multipanel only picking up every other tick of the knob in SPAD.neXt

Post by c0nnex » 18 May 2020, 22:23

Addressed in 0.9.7.60 Beta

Jon_H
Passenger

Post by Jon_H » 19 May 2020, 16:12

Thanks for your support the last days and swift resolution of my issue cOnnex...happy complete edition license holder now as you know ;)

BBQSteve
First Officer

Post by BBQSteve » 20 May 2020, 23:18

If It was fixed in 60 it is back in 61. Both coarse and fine.

BBQSteve
First Officer

Post by BBQSteve » 21 May 2020, 19:18

GAVE UP, WENT BACK TO 0.9.6.54

Steve Horsfall
Betatester

Post by Steve Horsfall » 21 May 2020, 22:23

I thought it was just my panels playing up, could not get the altitude to step by 100, just jumps 200 up and down.