Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Saitek Display not Working - Windows 8.1 Power Management

General Discussions
ab-tools
Betatester

Re: Saitek Display not Working - Windows 8.1 Power Management

Post by ab-tools » 05 Aug 2015, 23:17

Hello Daren,

OK, for that price I really better make them by myself. ;-)

Thanks
Andreas

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 05 Aug 2015, 23:24

that's exactly what I thought. You can buy a short extn lead for £0.99p and cut it re-join all but the power wire and solder and shrink wrap back together. that way you don't destroy your original cables too :-)

Daren
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Rene Mathez
Passenger

Post by Rene Mathez » 27 Aug 2015, 17:27

Ich habe jetzt auch dieses Problem mit Windows 10. hoffe das mir jemand behilflich sein kann-den ich kann kein englisch.lg Rene Mathez

ab-tools
Betatester

Post by ab-tools » 27 Aug 2015, 18:13

Hallo Rene,

habe selbst bisher (zur Sicherheit) nicht auf Windows 10 upgegraded und kann es damit selbst nicht testen, aber du kannst gerne meinen kleinen Software-Fix (Download im ersten Post dieses Threads) einfach mal ausprobieren:
er sollte zumindest nichts "kaputt" machen, selbst wenn er in Windows 10 keinen Effekt haben sollte.

Ansonsten hilft beim Lesen der englischen Beiträge Google Translate inzwischen ziemlich gut:
Auch wenn die Übersetzung nicht perfekt ist, sollte man damit doch das Meiste verstehen können. :)

Viele Grüße
Andreas

[For everybody not speaking German: sorry for writing in German, but Rene does not speak English...]

Jackietools
Flight Attendant

Post by Jackietools » 27 Sep 2015, 23:53

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614 Try this. It is tedious but it worked for me

TangoWhiskey
Donator

Post by TangoWhiskey » 30 Sep 2015, 15:42

My fix: roll back to Windows 7. ;-) It's under Settings > Updates, for 30 days after upgrading to Windows 10. I've been fighting this for a week. It's not Saitek's drivers, because I don't have those installed--I'm using SPAD (and now, SPAD.neXt).

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 30 Sep 2015, 15:56

I can confirm that.
I have several reports that under Windows 10 exist serve problems with the displays (specially the Multi Panel) not working.
Since I also have reports of everything working as expected, I suspect that there are manufaction batches of the panels that have a diffrent (faulty) usb firmware. Since afaik the panels (except the FIP) do not support updating the firmware (even if Saitek/Madcatz Support might tell you diffrent) there is no nice way to heal this.
Maybe it might be a nice idea to start a collection of batch numbers (sticker on the back of the panels) that do work or do not work.

Known Workarounds:
If you disconnect and reconnect the Panel after booting and logging in, the display might come back to live.
SPAD.neXt 0.7 will have Testbuttons for all Panels, so you can check if they can be accessed by SPAD.neXt and are working correctly, so you don't start to search for errors in your SPAD.neXt Profiles and the real problem is the "incomplete" implementation of the usb protocol by Saitek.
Furthermore I'm working on a possible solution for that. But it'll need some more testing in the next weeks,

I for myself will not update my Flight-Computer to Windows 10 before I have trustworthy reports that everything is working reliable and stable. As for every Microsoft product I'll not change before SP1 anyway :-D

tennshadow
First Officer

Post by tennshadow » 04 Oct 2015, 17:54

c0nnex wrote: I for myself will not update my Flight-Computer to Windows 10 before I have trustworthy reports that everything is working reliable and stable. As for every Microsoft product I'll not change before SP1 anyway :-D
While I have upgraded my non FS PC's to Windows 10 ( I really like it) I will not do that to my FS PC's. My friend upgraded his FS PC to Window 10 and is now reformating it and putting back on Windows 7. He had too many issues with it. I tried to warn him. :D

webliya
Betatester

Post by webliya » 13 Oct 2015, 00:12

tennshadow wrote:
c0nnex wrote: I for myself will not update my Flight-Computer to Windows 10 before I have trustworthy reports that everything is working reliable and stable. As for every Microsoft product I'll not change before SP1 anyway :-D
While I have upgraded my non FS PC's to Windows 10 ( I really like it) I will not do that to my FS PC's. My friend upgraded his FS PC to Window 10 and is now reformating it and putting back on Windows 7. He had too many issues with it. I tried to warn him. :D
I must be lucky that I have only multipanel problem. Everything other than works as expected. Ok I tuned win10 a lot but I did the same to Win7 also.

And I keep a backup of Win7 :)

And I use steam version and farewell to out of memory problems and welcome directx 10.

Can

scaber
Passenger

Post by scaber » 27 Nov 2015, 00:38

Thank you so much, my multipanel is again working under windows 10. I had done all the manual changes but must have missed one despite numerous checks. As soon as I ran this tool everything came to life.