Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Expanding the Leo Bodnar BBI-32: to 51 buttons.

Discussion about special hardware
Oz Flyer
Betatester

Expanding the Leo Bodnar BBI-32: to 51 buttons.

Post by Oz Flyer » 12 Apr 2017, 11:58

Expanding the Leo Bodnar BBI-32:
The BBI-32 is a 32 button input board. http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=205

This project will show you how to get up to 51 push buttons with one board and the power of SPAD.neXt.
So if you need a few more push button switch inputs for an FMC or GPS (Keyboard type devices) this may be what you are looking for.

MUST READ NOTES:
1) You do this at your OWN RISK.
2) You need to know how to safely use a soldering iron and read a circuit.
2) ONLY inputs 12 to 32 can be used. Inputs 1 to 11 can NOT be used for extra buttons due to the firmware on the BBI-32.
3) ONLY momentary push on and momentary toggle action switches can be used.
4) Inputs 1 to 11 can still be used as normal switch or push button inputs.

Back ground:
I was asked if there was any way to get more then 32 inputs out of the BBI-32 by a flight sim freind who need some more for his GPS.
So I started looking at it and worked out that using 2 diodes on each added push button to make a 2nd bank of 20 buttons.

So I set my test board up using input 32 as the bank 1 select.
This gives me 31 buttons in bank 0 (1 to 11 and 12A to 31A) and another 20 buttons in bank 1 (12B to 31B).

The basic idea is that each button in bank 0 is wired as normal.
Then each button in bank 1 has 2 diodes one connects to the bank select input(32) and the other to a button input (Starting at input 12).
Inputs 12 to 31 have 2 buttons each and input 32 has all 20 buttons in bank 1 connected.
Capture1.JPG
Construction:
There is two ways to do this:
1) (RECOMMENDED) Get some project board and solder all the diodes on this and run wires to the switches and BBI-32.
DSCF0005.JPG
2) (NOT RECOMMENDED) You can solder the 2 diodes to the switch then solder wires to the diodes, heatshrink and connect to the BBI-32. This can become a big mess very quickly.

Bank 1 circuit:
Capture2.JPG

Programing SPAD.neXt:

Example using button input 12 (Change as needed) and input 32 as bank 1 selcet.

1) Select button input.
2) Add Event Button Pressed.
3A) For Bank 0 switchs
Execute action(s) if
Button 32 = 0
Action(s) to be executed
Program as needed.

3B) For Bank 1 switchs
Execute action(s) if
Button 32 = 1
Action(s) to be executed
Program as needed.

4) Repeat as needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.